greatest show on earth

by unstopableravens 273 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Sounds like the making of a "nice" book club.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way for anyone that likes listening to audio books, like myself the entire book can be downloaded as a Torrent file from this link.

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/5135395/Richard_Dawkins_-_The_Greatest_Show_on_Earth_%28Unabridged%29

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

didnt you what miss jones said book club no audio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

• cantleave
    cantleave

We can't get pirate bay in the UK, it's blocked

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

Ravens: anyway back to my earlier question. How much of the book have you read? All of it?

• unstopableravens
  • unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

ok let me start by saying this, as i read this book,i noticed it was fairly well written, and i will admit alot of it is over my head because im a math guy not science( and obviosly not english lol) however i think i can discuss this openly and honestly, one thing i noticed just off the bat was in the first paragraph of the preface , is he say" ill-informed oppostion" almost reminds me of the wt saying a "true christian" or when i have said in the past psalms 14:1. so i think its sorta the same thing we all are doing.the first chapter is about "only a theory"? he trys to make evolution not a theory but as fact and say equall time to"alternative theory" is a plight of many science teachers today. he compares this to the holocost and deniers. the holocost is fact not theory, how do we know the main reason is remains and eyewitness. so mr dawkins does not think that equal time should be spend on other view points, so what about the bible there are eye witness accounts about almost everything. yet mr dawkins denys gods hand or existance.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

yet on page 14 he says eye witness accounts are not reliable.(seems a double atandard)

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

eye witness accounts are not reliable.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

so my point is how can he say holocost is real when the deniers denie eye witness account seems like hes speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit