greatest show on earth

by unstopableravens 273 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i wanted to start this thread two weeks ago,however i have had alot going on with wifey and the elders,that is another thread. to be honest my mind has been on my family. i will be able to discuss the book tommorow morning. i just wanted to start this thread asap. so if anyone wants to start will a thought or i will check back and write, but like i said tommorow i will have the whole morning to dicuss.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Unstop - Glad top see you back here.

For those not familiar with this book please look at Cofty's superb chapter summaries on this thread

• blondie
    blondie

Do I assume you mean the book by Dawkins?

The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfTTwgXjcnw

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes Blondie

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

hi blondie, yeah i told my athiest friends here i would read one of there books, cant leave listened to one of the great preachers i like, i respected that(he even liked the way he took off his jacket lol)

• cofty
    cofty
    yeah i told my athiest friends here i would read one of there books

"The Greatest Show on Earth" isn't an atheist book. It simply explains some of the evidence that supports the fact of evolution.

Evolution is accepted by all informed and rational peoople whether or not they believe in a god.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: the "athiest" in my sentence was you not the book,it was a book you wanted me to read, and anyway dawkins is athiest,

• cofty
    cofty
    yeah i told my athiest friends here i would read one of there books - unstop

It is NOT an atheist book.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Great book, one if the key ones in my awakening. But it's not an atheist book - it's a book regarding the evidence for evolution. Evolution and a belief in God are not mutually exclusive - tough to make it work in my head but not impossible for many.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: we havent even got into the book yet,lets not argue or terms. some believe in both god and evolution,im not in that camp,so maybe its my view that i put it in the same group. but he did write the book the god delusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit