greatest show on earth

by unstopableravens 273 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

my point about new light is if the wt claims to have truth that truth should and can not change sense it does change, they are not truth,jesus said he is the truth and he also said heaven and earth will pass away ,but my words remain forever, if they change then he would not be truth or fact. if evolution is fact than it has to be concrete.

• cofty
    cofty
    in the first paragraph he says assuming.... so alot of what you call science proff is just a guess and still does not prove evolution

This is how NOT to discuss a book.

Please provide a specific reference and consider the context. You can't pluck out single words and use them to make a point.

The book contains enough evidence for evolution to keep us discussing it for months and yet you seem to have missed all of it.

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

science doesn't teach dogmas as truth. it tries to explain the universe we live in as accurate as possible with current means. if tomorrow we find that humans were bred from apes by aliens to mine gold in south africa, science will adapt to it, given hard evidence. if tomorrow a group of seven scientists says that humans were bred from apes by aliens to mine gold in south africa without compelling evidence, science will not waste a second on it.

evolution is a fact, just like gravitation is a fact. or just like the atomic theory is a fact. most of the world runs on nuclear power. that doesn't mean that science doesn't evolve too and finds refinements on the matter.

• bohm
    bohm

okay im just about to give up:

unstopable: Its very simple.

we know the holocaust happened. holocaust is a fact

there are specifics of the holocaust we do not know, or where our knowledge might change.

so:

holocaust is a fact even though specifics are subject to change.

get it?

all scientific knowledge is like that, including evolution.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Unstop - he uses the word assuming in this context

"assuming that the outermost ring represents the present." WTF else is it going to represent????????????

• cofty
    cofty

Oh dear!

Unstop - of all the many pieces of inter-connected evidence for evolution that Dawkins presents in the book was there any that caught your attention?

Did it clear up any of your misunderstandings about evolution?

Do you have any specific objections to evolution that are still unanswered?

• sizemik
    sizemik

You are reading an "Atheist" book because you promised . . .

You found things objectional about the writer immediately upon opening it . . .

Everything has to be judged by a WT standard . . .

You are trying to stuff knowledge into a closed mind.

Unless you have a geniune desire to learn, you're wasting your time.

• still thinking
    still thinking

oh, I missed this thread. Marking to come back later and see what untop thought of the book.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

cofty: im with wifey now so i can use the book i will post in morning, lets talk about the subject of the missing link. sorry i did not mean to jump around as reread the thread i can see how i did that. so lets just talk that one subject first, i dont have the book with me, so the morning would be good,im working in afternoon tommorow.

• cofty
    cofty
    lets talk about the subject of the missing link

I look forward to it. Catch up with you tomorrow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit