I'm new, please come and meet me!

by Julia Orwell 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Hi Julia and welcome.

Yes I had depression too and went through hell but I got better and life is good. Yours will be too.

So glad your husband respects you and lets you point out the BS.

Hope it wont be long before he's out too.

Great that your family are good people and will support you, it all looks very positive.

It's good to have you here

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hi Julia, and a hearty warm welcome!

Our family is delighted with every awakening, and especially so close to home!

Greetings, blessings and peace to you and yours

Fernando

South East Queensland

Australia

PS - We walked out mid-2009 after 4 generations and 4 decades to continue pursuing the "full Good News" or "unabridged gospel" about Jesus.

• designs
    designs

Welcome

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

Welcome Julia. Glad you're freed!

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome Julia, enjoy the journey

• Room 215
    Room 215

Welcome, Julia! I give your husband high marks for being so understanding of your present state of of spiritual development; you must know that this is an atypical attitude for most JWs who face newly awakened misgivings on the part of their mate, so count your self lucky in that regard; good luck with your journey.

• Chichi89
    Chichi89

Welcome Julia....

I JUS JOINED A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO..AND IM ORDY HOOKED..

I CAME WITH AN INTETION TO VOICE MY THOUGHTS AND THEN KILL MYSELF COZ I JUS GOT DISFELLOWSHED..BUT THESE GUYS ARE SO AWESOME...thy helpd me HANG IN THERE..and well here i am:).

feel at home and do keep us posted...

Hugs!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hello Julia, if you can take it, you might just get your husband out. See about getting him to read Ray Franz' CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE. If he won't do that, try a book that never mentions JW's: Steve Hassan's COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL. Tell him, "If you aren't in a cult, then it doesn't apply to you."

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Welcome! It's an exciting time in your life...enjoy the process and be patient. I was allowed to pursue a degree as a young adult and now see it as wonderful gift from rational JW parents. After 40 years of regular involvement in this religious group - myself, the spouse and our kids are exiting. Be careful and fade smart!

• SophieG
    SophieG

HI JULIA:
    for the first time pretty much since getting baptised 13 years ago I've had time to think. And boy, what I discovered was amazing, and you know the rest, and now I am here with you all! I feel I know some of you already.I

I've always had a brain, but for the last few years I've allowed it to atrophy 'for the truth' and I was such a martyr. No more. I'm awake, and looking forward to being in the light with new friends.

That is the MOST amazing thing I find about leaving. Your brain gets so clear! It's like a huge fog clears and you're looking around thinking how on earth did you not see it!!!

Welcome, very happy for you and hopefully, hubby wakes up soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit