I'm new, please come and meet me!

by Julia Orwell 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I'm really glad I can join your community because I've been in the WTS for the last 14 years and now I'm on my way out and it's great to meet like-minded people!

About me: I started learning JW ways when I was in my teens. I came from an atheist family, and was baptised a JW at 19. I went to university and got received my education degree when I was 23. I've always been an exemplary sister used as an example to the young born-ins because I had 'worldly' parents.

I've been through hell, I've suffered depression, I've been tempted, yet I've always tried to do the WT thing, except for getting educated of course. Years of cognitive dissonance has tired me out, and when I lost my permanent job in Nov last year, for the first time pretty much since getting baptised 13 years ago I've had time to think. And boy, what I discovered was amazing, and you know the rest, and now I am here with you all! I feel I know some of you already.

Right now I'm 'fading' and thinking of joining the nice Presbyterian church up the road. I love Jesus and my independent reading of the Bible has truly shown me how reprehensible the WTS is in putting themselves in His place!

The biggest challenge, the reason I don't just walk and leave 13+ years of friends behind (none of my family are JWs thank goodness, and yet they are the most Christian people in the world) is that my husband is still a believer. I love him to bits and want nothing to come between us, so while he knows my doubts and respects my opinions, he is still a believer. I'd walk but for him, and by going to the meetings with him it makes him happy and I can point out the BS that comes from the platform.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a member of your community. I've always had a brain, but for the last few years I've allowed it to atrophy 'for the truth' and I was such a martyr. No more. I'm awake, and looking forward to being in the light with new friends.

Julia, Australia

• cedars
    cedars

Welcome to the forum Julia! It's a pleasure to share your journey with you...

Cedars

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Julia Orwell from Australia! It is a pleasure to meet you. I like the idea of you sitting next to your husband, and acknowledging the BS spoken at the Khall.

Please stay with us and give us updates as time goes by. Boy. I am already planning the big internet party we will have for your husband here on JW.net when he comes around to knowing TTATT and starts posting himself.

Anyway, I am jumping ahead of myself. Please make yourself at home here.

And Welcome!

Just Lois from The North Pacific

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

nice to meet you, glad you love jesus!

• l p
    l p

Hi Julia,

Im from Sydney

Where are you?

lp

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome Julia ! The best way of helping your husband is to show your love for him as you are doing, it may be a long process, but do not give up, in the end he will see what you see. There is no hurry, sometimes it is best to let some things slip by without a mention for now, as you can be perceived as I was by my wife, to be picking on every little thing. I backed off and she came to see the truth abou tthe WT.

If you help his Cog. Diss. to build as yours did, all of a sudden a trigger will make the whole house of cards, that is WT teaching, fall down.

Welcome again, and good luck !

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gold Coast :)

Where abouts in Sydney? I was born there.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Hi Julia and welcome. I'm also new and from Oz. It is so awesome to see new ones join the ranks of those in reality.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Juila.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

welcome 'Julia from australia' (haha, you will be forever labelled thus)

Lots of great advice on what to do right and wrong in waking up your husband, reach out for it.

Oz from australia as well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit