I'm new, please come and meet me!

by Julia Orwell 64 Replies latest jw friends

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Welcome to JWN. Always good to have another Aussie on board.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Julia! Nice to have you join in and post. I wish you the best of luck with your husband.

You know from reading on here that there may come a time when he doesn't want to hear any "negative" stuff about the WTS. Just be ready for it so he doesn't surprise you out of left field.

Also, I've found that witness spouses are like clock pendulums that swing back and forth from spiritual to not so spiritual.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome! A difficult situation you are in, similar to many, and very sad. I hope you enjoy the forum and that it helps you.

Loz x

• pearlsister
    pearlsister

Welcome Julia !

When I was reading your life, I thought I was reading my life...very similar

• scotoma
    scotoma

It's like a huge fog clears and you're looking around thinking how on earth did you not see it!!!

Keep working at it. The next level is understanding that that Christian Church down the street is also in the fog.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Hello Matey(is it alright to call a lady from Australia, Matey?),

You are really not very different from many today who attend the meetings due to their loved relatives and mates. There are many moments that I find it hard to tolerate some of the programs, and my wife also gets the same way. We just carry on, and hope.

So you've been a Lurker for many years, eh? So was I.

Say Hi to Olivia Newton John for me, eh?

• Borges
    Borges

A warm welcome from Germany!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome julia ,looking forward to your comments and experiences ,glad you have found this site ,it`s amazing.From a fellow aussie

smiddy

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Hi Julia, is great you have learned TTATT, and is better to know that you love our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. Remember that you don't need to be part of an organized religion to have a relation with God and Jesus. If you can free yourself completely from the WT it would be great, but beware of Jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How could I resist such a warm, sweet and genuine invitation? I'm so happy that you have signed up and reached out to us. Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit