I'm new, please come and meet me!

by Julia Orwell 64 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Hey, it's healthy to go and experience other faiths. You've been involved with a cult. Just watch out for signs of cultishness. Most churches are not cultish. Be sure to check out the Anglican church in Australia, too, if you decide to visit churches. You might find universalism interesting to look into as well. There are universalists in many faiths, including Christian.

• RosePetal
  • Pickler
    Pickler

Welcome Julia, I'm Aussie too, from Sydney.

• lostinnj83
    lostinnj83

Hello & Welcome

I also have a husband who is still a believer, we are both "born-ins" though.

PM me if you ever want to chat.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Nice to meet you

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

When you wake up you realize how the WT has demoted Jesus and if you talk about him they treat you like an apostate for mentioning his name. The Governing Body see themselves as the 'sole channel' of communication between God and Mankind and sets themselves up as the Mediator, which means they themselves ARE 'That Man of Lawlessness Standing in the Holy Place" Its is a dangerous sect because, its real sole purpose is to separate all people from the Christ.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Turn up the heat on his love life and he will follow you everywhere.________Roberta804

Ha ha good tip! Thank goodness he's a recent convert, so he knows how to think :)

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

"So you've been a Lurker for many years, eh? So was I. "-

More like a month! I've been interested in cults and totalitarian regimes, so once I joined the dots to the WT it didn't take me long to wake up.

I tell my husband stories about the people in North Korea and the USSR and the FLDS church who escaped, so without dissing the Blotch-Tower I can facilitate his understanding and hopefully he'll join the dots himself.

He's taken a recent interest in history too, which is always an eye-opener once you start looking at it without the WT goggles. That's one of the things that got me thinking about TTATT actually: I love history and lately have had time to study it more. Knowledge is power.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Humungous Thanks! Thank you all for your warm welcome. I get a better welcome here than I did when I moved to a new congregation upstate a few years ago.

To answer some of your questions:

1. My husband is a convert who was inactive for 7 years and came back about 4 years ago. He has no JW family, and few JW friends. My non-JW family love him to bits and will support me in helping him.

2. I read Steve Hassan's first book years ago, and I plan on reading it again!

3. I'm going to have to bite my tongue because I full well know the human tendency to dig in when one's beliefs are attacked openly. Persuasion with parallel accounts and setting an example myself is the plan. Also, I will show him tons and tons of love, because he's a great guy and deserves it!!!

4. "Matey" is not really an Australian term, so "mate" is more appropriate, mate. I use it all the time, mate.

Thanks again all!

Thanks

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN,Julia.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit