My wife just told me to move out...

by nolongerconfused 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Zip the lip about TTABTT and inform her that she has no grounds to scripturly move out. even less so if you do not hinder her JW activity in anyway.

oz

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Good luck. Sorry for your problems

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"I don't know what to do."

Rather than do as I suggested in my earlier post, I'd suggest taking her out on a date. Identity Thief is freakin' hilarious, unfortunately it is rated R. Maybe you can think of something else that she'd enjoy more than getting beat up by a JW husband.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

My Brother,

Take a deep breath, hold it all back (TTATT) and promise her you are going anywhere because you love her "UNCONDITONALLY" and would never walk out on HER! Go to your grocery store, buy some flowers and stay the course,

Continue to a be a good husband and let her do whatever she wants in your quest for JW truth. NEVER NEVER say a negative thing about the JW's and WTBTS,

Live like that and you will have no issues in court should she try to divorce you.

Stay the Course, dont get a Divorce - (that rhymes...hahaha)

• erbie
    erbie

Take a step back and try to save your marriage. She doesn't need to see things the way you do right now so just let it cool off for a while.

Just remember that she is not your enemy!

If you love her then that is the most important thing here and you could be taking steps that you will regret for a very long time.

Try to see that she feels like her world has been ripped apart. I bet its really difficult for her so show her love and understanding.

Love and peace to you both.

• TheListener
    TheListener

This will happen to me once the kids are grown.

• moshe
    moshe
    ignore my advice ! empty any joint a/cs pack all her stuff and leave it in the doorway change all locks. but--get in quick--pre-emptive strike. i learned all this the hard way.

bigmac-- good advice, for someone with cajones-- you don't find that here often, otherwise they would have already taken charge of the situation and wouldn't have come here to have the faders commiserate over them.

I suggest a helpline number for after the wife does the lockout/restraining order on you first-- call 1-800-cry-baby-

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

I haven't read the other posts yet but had to reply.

Do you want to stay and make things work?

Can you guys not talk about religion for the time and just love and respect each other? In the future could she ever accept you as the loving man that I assume you are even if you're not a witness? If you answer yes to those questions then try to make it work. Don't force your opinion on her. When she forces her be patient and quiet.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I agree with Big Mac. Separate.

Go get 50% of your joint checking and savings account and put it in a separate account. Put your money you earn in your own checking account from now on. JW women will take 100% of your checking account, lie in court to try to get alimony, etc.

I think it's best to leave the marriage home. WHy? Too many memories in that house. Let her sit in there and rot with the memories. You get a new place, new furnitur, new decorations, etc.

Then, you tell her that if she wants to divorce you that she has to wait a few months anyhow for the court paperwork to go through. Tell her to not get hooked up too fast with another JW man. She knows. Scare her with the fact that many are wife beaters, and child molestors; and the brothers wll not tell her beforehand.

Tell her that if she really gets a divorce, that you will not be waiting around for her.

REally scare her into thinking that she's going to lose you. Cuz, right now she's using you and your fears to try to get what she wants (which is to hurt you and honor Jehovah).

Skeeter

p.s. I wouldn't doubt it if a "hot to trot" elder/brother is telling her these things.

• moshe
    moshe
    Do you want to stay and make things work?

Hmm, seen this before, does that mean bending over and letting the JWs run the show in your house, while you keep your mouth shut? Wifey goes to the KH and everyone says, you poor sister, I don't know how you live with an apostate- don't let him say anything against jehoovers organization- be loyal to the truth- you have to come to every meeting or you will get weak, etc,etc. Listen to the elders, they know what is best--

IMO, you need to get the wife to agree to worldly marriage counseling and have her explain to the counselor why they are treating their spouse like they are ''dead" and won't let them openly speak their mind and read there own books in the home. Unfortunately, this sort of marriage counseling can make the JW see they don't want to work things out and compromise- so they go ahead and get a divorce. Better to get it out in the open now- the longer the JWs work on the wife the more entrenched and defiant she will become--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit