My wife just told me to move out...

by nolongerconfused 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

Because of "religious" differences, she now wants me to move out and "separate"...I said what biblical grounds does she have for her request?

She couldnt respond...she said she'd rather be beaten up by me than have an "apostate" in the house...

this Org definitely encourages conditional love...

I don't know what to do...by the way, we dont have children

• Ding
    Ding

What do you want to do?

I know JWs who have worked through this type of division, but there are no guarantees.

Sometimes when JWs find out TTATT, they tell their loved ones everything all at once and it's more than they can handle.

If you tone things down with her, things may settle down.

I'm not telling you what to do... just offering some possibilities if you are looking to save the marriage.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

tell her to move out.. if she wants to leave.....

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oh my! NoLongerConfused that is just horrid - I am so sorry that this has happened. Your response was good - what biblical grounds does she have? Her response is shocking - who would want to be beaten up - that is just mind blowing.

I'm sure you still love her...I would just keep on telling her that you do love her and don't want to separate, that you need to sit down and discuss all the options like married couples do. If she doesn't want to do that perhaps you need to encourage her (and I'm loathe to say it) to go to the elders and see if that is the correct course of action to take....

I hope she sees reason.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Consult a divorce attorney, BEFORE you move out. I would lean towards giving her space, but not moving out of the house. Who brings home the bread?

• nolongerconfused
    nolongerconfused

we both contribute for expenses, although I make more than she does...money is not an issue...

I really love my wife, and to be honest I think I may have pushed TTATT too much...

Thanks for the advise on giving her space...I'm totally new at this whole TTATT which I firmly believe...she's a born in, and she is SO loyal to the ORG like you can't imagine...

I tried to read the Bible with her last night, and she said she doesnt want me to read the Bible with her...all I was trying to do is read Jesus's teachings...

anyway, I'm not giving up on my marriage...this is going to be a looong process

• Gayle
    Gayle

Then, shut your mouth and start beating her up, so that she'll be happier! That is so outrageous! JWs can be so bazaar.

Maybe try going to a marriage counselor? Though, JWs will only want to go to their elders.

Maybe this is just a flare-up for her and can get settled down.

• TD
    TD
    I don't know what to do...by the way, we dont have children

Do not move out. See an attorney.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Wow......sorry to hear this. DO NOT move out of the house, or sleep anywhere other than your bed. If she feels this strongly, make her be the one that physically makes these decisions.

Sounds like the WTS battlelines are being drawn in the sand, between the hardcore believers and everyone else.

How can this religion admit that having an unbelieving marriage mate is in the bible, yet support their members "separating", because one mate doesn't believe everything from the mouth of this cult's leaders?

• blondie
    blondie

Did Timothy's mother tell her Greek husband to move out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit