My wife just told me to move out...

by nolongerconfused 86 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I suppose you could respond to your wife like some JW husbands I've know and say, "Calm down woman. You're obviously having your period. Let's get you some anti-depressants and get you out in the field service more often so that you'll feel better. Now go make me a sandwich."

• perfect1
    perfect1

Billy, thats the voice of reason I grew up with.

:)

• speargrass55
    speargrass55

Moses

Samson

Naomi's sons

Whoever married rahab

David

Esther

Lois and Eunice

A few people I can think of offhand who married non believers. Paul, the dude dishing out advice for married couples was single.

Nolongerconfused take heart and I pray things work out for you.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My husband was disfellowshipped only two years after we married. I stayed for another 26 years because I was told I could not divorce. It was a horrible marriage and it eventually forced me out of the religion. I don't think you want her to stay and feel like she didn't have a choice, like I felt. That will not work for either of you.

If you love her and want her to stay, you need to mend some fences. Apologize for making her so uncomfortable, she was not ready for it. You don't need to compromise or say anything you don't believe, but court her as if you are not yet married. Look for a way for you two to move forward in the relationship. Remind her that Jehovah hates a divorcing, but don't make her feel she has no choice, or that you will force her to abandon her beliefs.

I hope this works out for you

• AnneB
    AnneB

Not even bothering to read the other responses; this is the straight answer for how to handle your situation:

Tell your wife you aren't going anywhere, that if anyone is leaving it is going to have to be her since leaving is her idea. Then drop it. Go about your business and let her deal with her thoughts.

DO NOT LEAVE.

• whathappened
    whathappened

I hope you two can work this out. There is much good advice here. Follow your heart, do the loving thing.

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

i second NOT moving out, it will be construed as abandonment. you will be found at fault

start not flushing the toilet and peeing on the floor, she will move out in disgust.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I have said something similar to my husband in moments of extreme frustration and emotion. Thankfully, he doesn't listen.

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Hey dude,

I’m so very sorry for the way your wife is treating you. She’s conditioned to react this way, of course. You did have the right approach, however. Ask her to back up what she’s says from the scriptures when confronted (but only to a point). Also, have her explain from the Bible what an “apostate” is, since what is there in the Bible is far different from what the tower says.

You also need to consider that you may not have presented the issues in a way that someone highly addicted to the stuff can deal with. You know, you're talking to someone on the worse kind of dope! So you may need to apologize. Please consider that you may be partly to blame. These people are so highly addicted! It’s like crack! Maybe worse than crack! So you really need to let the smoke clear! You may wish to not bring up the subject up for a long while and see if things can cool off. In any event, it’s hard to know what to tell you, because none of us know exactly what you are facing-we're not in your shoes. I say this in a kindly way. Please take care!

Cyber

• smiddy
    smiddy

I only read your original introduction and not the following posts .So here goes .I get the message that it`s only religous differences ? that`s her problem ? If thats the case ,you dont beat her ,you dont mentally abuse her ,you provide for her financially ,feed and clothe her ? put a roof over her head ? and she just objects to you having a different view of religion ? Then tell her in no uncertain terms

If she`s not happy its up to her to to go, not you , it`s her decision . Put that to her .and see how she responds .

Do you think maybe she is just trying to get out of her marriage and is using this as an excuse , hoping you will be a weakling and give in to her demands ? Sometimes other females get into their heads and lead them astray , I`ve seen it before .Some people have ulterior motives .

I truly hope you both settle your differences for a good outcome

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit