my worst fears were realized

by magotan 125 Replies latest jw experiences

• magotan
    magotan

interesting. They called me a few mins after I didn't show up....i simply told them I love them, but nothing is going to stop me from doing what Im going to do.

I guess this means Im not a JW anymore.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If you haven't done anything wrong, by their standards, up to this point, then they have nothing for which to df you. What you do in the future is none of the elsers' business. Niether is anything else about your life, really.

S

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm so glad you weren't there.

• magotan
    magotan

They can get me for apostacy. Also, they had another brother call and confirm my desire to not be a JW. (which means there are two witnesses)

I guess its official, then.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Welcome to the dark side.

S

• moshe
    moshe

Sorry for the JW family problems- I also went out on my own at age 19, just because I wanted to- good luck.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Just saw this thread... and saw the facebook responses.

"Magotan, I just seen your status, But you are not gay, there is no such thing, you know that, please pray tho Jah about your weakness,

That's right.. you can 'pray the gay away'.

And... "I just seen"?? Apparently there's no such thing as correct grammar either.

• magotan
    magotan

Just checking in letting you guys know I'm OK.

I haven't spoken with my parents since early March, and I was likely formally disfellowshipped/disassociated early March as well.

I have a place to stay, and I'm in the process of gearing up for college. Really sucks that I can't talk to my immediate family, but that conversation would not be civil. I saw my own mother on the street a few weeks ago. I waved to her. She acted as if I were invisible, I didn't exist. That hurt.

For the most part, each day is better than the last, and I feel much happier. I discovered I used to stress eat when I was JW, and thus I have lost a fair amount of weight- none of my old clothes fit anymore. Some days are really hard.....but I have learned so much and done so much in such a short period of time.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Good for you. Hang in there and good luck with college.

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Magotan, Glad to hear that you are okay. Now you can start building a life of your own making. There are plenty of wonderful nonjudgmental people in "the world" that don't care one whit about a person's religion or sexual preferences. All the best to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit