Misquotes, Lies and deception in Watchtower Publications

by jwfacts 75 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

JwFacts,

Do you live in the US? I will send you the videos if you want them. ( NEVER MIND, I JUST NOTICED YOUR LOCATION!! LOL!!) Maybe someone in your part of the world will give you some copies.

I have been thinking of doing a detailed analysis of each one to show the real facts. Just pm me if you want me to get you both volumes. I will be reading your article today. Your site is great and really helps me when doubts beging creeping back into my mind. Thanks for all your hard work.

Peace,

DD

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Good article.

I'll second what Calebs Airplane said. Seeing Anthony Morris III fat smug face on that DVD gloating about the false predictions of the bible students is a joke. Fits in nicely with the rest of that DVD though, deceitful misleading bullsh!t spin.

There was a good one in the Jeremiah book recently, where they quote 607 and then make some reference to a historian trying to lead people to the conclusion that the 607 date is supported by history.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

JWfacts.com was very helpful in my path to mental freedom. This is a slightly different style of straightforwardness that might have worked for someone like me, so I am sure it is a fine addition.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

under Misquote Scriptures in the first sentence it should read known instead of know. 1914 Quotes...second sentence "Yet it is stated now stated" one of the stateds needs to go.

• pixel
    pixel

Excellent article! I spent my whole commute this morning reading it.

• BreathoftheIndianNose
    BreathoftheIndianNose

"Yet it is stated now stated that the Watchtower consistently placed this event as 1914."

Typo

• Splash
    Splash

Under Plagiarism, wasn't there a WT front cover withdrawn after a cigarette company challenged the Soc for using it?

If I remember it was mainly red, with a silhouetted wooden house and porch.

Anyone remember this?

Splash

Update - Found it, it was a drinks company: http://www.watchtowerlies.com/watchtowerlies_063.htm

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

jwfacts... Yes... that is the exact quote by Morris (minus the words in parenthesis)... maybe you can insert a video as proof?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thorough job Paul. Your work is appreciated!

• Ding
    Ding

I think the parallel column format is the most effective for showing misquotes and alterations.

When the misquote involves leaving out key words with ..., I think it's effective to show the quote as the WT had it with the omitted language included in boldface to show how the omission completely changes the source's original meaning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit