Whacky comments! What the craziest comment you've ever heard?

by toweragent 76 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmac
    bigmac

i remember this one--

scenario:----imminent circuit overseers visit

congregation servant--apopleptic with rage when his arrangements were a complete shambles--

" tuesday field service at lin-colon road "

dumb silence from the congregation------then a voice--from the audience---" oh--you mean LINCOLN ROAD-- BROTHER"

his reply--

"now look whats happened---some bugger has put an L in LINCOLN "

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

"i f the society says this bible is green..then we believe it brothers"

If I ever heard that at a meeting, I would grab my bag, leave the hall, and catch the bus home, never to step foot into a kingdom hall again.

• bigmac
    bigmac

this thread is hilarious--hope it runs n runs.

more posts please x

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

These two got me:

1. If your co-workers or schoolmate can't tell your different as a tru Christian, then you're perhaps under the influence of Satan.

2. Even if there was no Jehovah, no true religion, I'll be happy that I was a JW.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Said about one brother, a pioneer and MS..a very lonesome and a bit goofy man: " I admire him....he is almost like a robot"!

At least I managed to keep my mouth shut.....but is was hard.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    One older elder had a theory . He thought (or maybe hoped ) that we would all be naked in the new system. This, since Adam and Eve only felt shame for their nakedness after they sinned

What is wacky about that? Do you like wearing clothes and washing and ironing, etc?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yeah, the nudity one is actually pretty logical from a Biblical standpoint. Return to sinlessness = return to Edenic living.

On the other hand, I am pretty sure that I have heard at least one comment (actually, a remark from the platform) about how Jesus, being perfect, must have made the best furniture ever made, when he worked as a carpenter. It's also a logical conclusion from the Watchtower standpoint, but it still sounds absurd somehow.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit