Whacky comments! What the craziest comment you've ever heard?

by toweragent 76 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Years back a brother commented that a person took a blood transfusion in surgery, and the blood came from a criminal, which turn the recipient of the transfusion into a criminal. He went on to commit crimes and landed himself in prison.

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

These are amazing! I remember a talk whre the speaker kept saying "for all INTENSIVE purposes" it was so hard not to giggle. That theocratic education really doesn't live up to the hype.

I also remember a time when a sister raised her had to comment and started singing kingdom melodies when the mic got to her. They stopped calling on her after the second time. She was older, so I'm sure she was not of sound mind, but it made for an iteresting study.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

"A brother once told me that it is better to be wrong WITH the organization, than to be right and be on your own WITHOUT the organization."

And then the conductor said, "How true that is!" And we moved on...

Then whatever is the purpose for them studying the Jeremiah book?

Jeremiah was basically a lone figure trying to do right amidst a whole organization ("Jehovah's earthly organization" - the Jewish nation) that was doing wrong. What if Jeremiah had taken that same attitude? Do any of these people ever use their minds?

Unfortunately, you hear this stuff and you are "floored" and only think of the nonsense of it later.

This week the CO said that when u don't get up for service there's an angel standing by your bed who goes back to Jesus and says "I wanted to go out in service but he wouldn't get up".

How's that for more guilt and pressure?

I'm thinking, 'How's that for juvenile idiocy.' That sounds like something you would tell a toddler.

• SophieG
    SophieG

"…. it is better to be wrong WITH the organization, than to be right and be on your own WITHOUT the organization."

Now see this is the kind of nonsense that would take me into *screwy face* at the meetings…straight up look at the person upside their head: SAY WHAAAAAATTTT?

…and as I am sitting in the meeting, this is what I would be doodling in the corner margin of my WT:

“Be wrong + ORG Wrong + me right= Wrong
    Be right + Me right + Org Wrong= Right

OK..whatever…

Oh…Pick up Chinese on the way home…”

• caliber
    caliber

" Jehovahs timetable is not contingent on all nations being saturated by the good news"

Billions in china and India and the middle East have heard nothing about "the good news " as such

don't individuals count ? ....yet in N america people must be reached every Saturday or you become bloodguilty

Or this comment by a mother at WT study, concerning disfellowshipped children .. "It is worse than them being dead ! "

How do you think others felt about her attitude to her own disfellowshipped son or the countless others sitting there

that had disfellowshipped children or at least one disfellowshipped daughter that was there with her mother that day ?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I also remember a time when a sister raised her had to comment and started singing kingdom melodies when the mic got to her. They stopped calling on her after the second time. She was older, so I'm sure she was not of sound mind, but it made for an iteresting study.

Reminds me of a study, and her one comment, the same for every meeting regardless of the subject matter, was her story. Growing up not knowing the world. Coming here and then late in life getting the truth and admonishing all youngs one to study for meeting.

Sometimes the conductor would forget and call on her, and that usually went on for 5-10 minutes

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

One sister, a bit of a dim bulb, commented that she believed the government could and did spy on us through our televisions. This was a long time ago, before computers and the kind of technology that would make this even remotely possible.

• Think About It
    Think About It

How about......if you drive faster than the speed limit, your guardian angel will get offended and get out, get off, or stop flying with you.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

During a service meeting, there was a 15-min (or so) part about "headship" or something along those lines... I forget the question exactly but an extremely docile sister in her late 50's made this comment that made me cringe: "Jehovah would never approve of sisters who work on telephone poles, trucks or other jobs that are obviously intended for men." I felt bad for her family who were noticebly embarassed afterwards.

The elder giving the talk paused for what seemed to be an eternity (as if he were awaiting a punch line from this sister)... then, realizing that she had already handed back the microphone, he looked down and suddenly said: "Well, we do have sisters that do excellent work in KH quick builds, but we know what you really meant to say"...

I cringed again... I don't know which comment was worse... the sister's or the elder's...

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I heard a similar driving one.

Jehovah cannot protect you in a car crash if you are exceeding the speed limit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit