Whacky comments! What the craziest comment you've ever heard?

by toweragent 76 Replies latest jw friends

• toweragent
    toweragent

These are interesting comments!

I was thinking of some more I've heard.

One sister said she didn't like the Kingdom Songs, so she made up her own songs to Sing to Jehovah! That is something I would never want to hear from her!

Another sister always bragged about having all the songs in the brown song book committed to memory.

A speaker from the stage was talking about the miracle of life and he said. "When a person is born, who knows what he will become? Maybe the greatest mind of our time is being born at that moment. Or perhaps the greatest PENIS, there has ever been, was born." We looked at each other like, say what?! We asked him afterwars and it turns out he was saying PIANIST but pronounced it PENIS with a "T" at the end. We were all sure we had heard him say penis.

I have also heard CO's say that if we don't go out in feild service, then the angels are out of work. We need to put them to work!

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

There was a brother who, during his #4 talk, outright blamed the suicide of a young man in the hall on the elders. His arguement was that the elders didn't pay close enough attention to his needs. You could hear a pin drop as he walked off the stage. They didn't even wait until the end of the meeting before dragging him back to the library.

There's a District Overseer that brings up "Higher Education" at every opportunity. To illustrate the "dangers" of it, he always relates the same story of two young sisters from the same hall who decided to go to college together and be roommates in the dorm. What happened? They became LESBIANS!

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

I can't think of any wacky comments but there was this guy who would always raise his hand but not like everyone else. Instead of using the 1st finger, he would use the middle finger LOL!!!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I have a great one that I wanted to get in here sooner. it is related to others here because it is a neccesary wall against the cognative dissonance.

My own brother told me this. he is an elder and generally a very intelligent person. He has just handed his brain over to 8 dudes in New York.

"They (the GB), can be forgiven for being wrong and humbly adjusting their viewpoint, but you cannot be forgiven for going against their direction as an extention of Jehovah's heavenly organization.............so don't worry about wether you should or should not take blood. Jsut remain obedient and your salvation is assured."

LOL.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Sadly, problemaddict, that's not even a wacky comment in the sense of a Witness going off the rails -- that's actual Watchtower teaching.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Apog,

I actually figured the more in line with ACTUAL teaching, the more it qualified as wacky! :)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"One sister said she didn't like the Kingdom Songs, so she made up her own songs to Sing to Jehovah! That is something I would never want to hear from her"

Sooooo many questions about that, did she tell the elders that she wrote her own songs, or the word just got around. Did she actually start singing her own compositions at the meetings while the others were singing from the Songbook? That would've been one of the funniest things ever to happen in a KH if she did that !

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

We will all be vegetarians in the new system, but Jehovah will provide us with trees that can grow bacon.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    I actually figured the more in line with ACTUAL teaching, the more it qualified as wacky! :)

Well, I can't argue with that :) That's why, when writing my post, I had to disclaim it by saying "in the sense of a Witness going off the rails". It's just a different brand of wackiness!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "We shouldn't speculate."

Um... speculating = thinking. We're not supposed to think???

F**K that; even my devout JW dad thought that was a stupid admonishment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit