What are you reading?

by Berengaria 77 Replies latest jw friends

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

The Know It All Girl - Joanna Foreman, ex JW

• JeffT
    JeffT

Just started "The Sociopath Next Door" by Martha Stout. Looks to be very interesting reading. Just picked up a copy of "For Us the Living" by Robert Heinlein at a used book store. I thought I'd read everything RAH every wrote. It seems I'm wrong.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I just finished re-reading The Raj Quartet, by Paul Scott. Now I'm reading his biography. He was such a fabulous writer, I'm curious to see what led him to write his books. I first read them years ago when the tv series The Jewel in the Crown was broadcast on PBS. Such a really good series, I loved it and I love the books on which it is based.

• *lost*
    *lost*

I have a big wish list on amazon.

I just got Blood on the Altar, but spending so much time on here researching, not getting much time to read.

Two Babylons Is my next read. Then some investigative books on the

Vatican

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I just finished re-reading The Raj Quartet, by Paul Scott.

Read the series a few years ago - loved it. Also Staying On. Same characters - very different feel.

Ill Fares the Land - Tony Judt

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Put down "Blood Meridian" and picked up another McCarthy book, "All The Pretty Horses". Spectacular so far.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have just finished one of the most remarkable books on physics and cosmology in my entire experience: "Cycles of Time" by Sir Roger Penrose, Emeritus Professor of Mathematics, University of Oxford.

It offers a completely unconventional view of the big bang, inflation, expansion of the universe, and the eventual future of the universe.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Wow, I just picked up my book, and on my way to my chair looked in here. I was thinking of this very thread.

I am about to skim to the finish of this horrible book. And then move happily on to something else

• soontobe
  • mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Freakonomics

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit