What are you reading?

by Berengaria 77 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

I'm currently reading about the anglosaxon migration to britain, history of japan and a paper about the possibility of the universe being a digital simulation. I do google searches on subjects in which i'm interested. Not books exactly, but still a lot of reading.

S

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Ya gotta point there.

• Kudra
    Kudra

No -I haven't even heard of Wilkie Collins but will go check it out -I am continually buying books... :)

Oh -I also have David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest lined up (but am a little afraid!)

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Just finished Growing up in Mamas Club by Richard Kelly

Just started Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich

• prologos
    prologos

Cosmic Jackpot Paul Davis

Is God a Mathematician? Mario Livio

!984 G OR -WELL?

The Triumph of Numbers I.B. Cohen

• Kudra
    Kudra

I've recently read a few books by Neil Gaiman and I *absolutely* recommend him -so delightful, such fun!

• finally awake
    finally awake

daughter of the sea is by Mira Zamin. I've only read a little of it so far - it's set in the ancient Roman empire.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Gentile Times reconsidered. A must read for anyone interested in the WTS 607/Gentile Times B.S Then I'm going to start on Ray Franz's 2 nd book In Search of Christian Freedom.

• QC
    QC

Yes, Gentile Times Reconsidered is like HELLO! good. Make sure you can explain the TWO 70 year periods. It’s a great come back to thinking JWs (knuckle draggers won't get it).

Babylon rules for 70 years. Israel's desolation is for 70 years.

They are not concurrent events. Plus evidently, Daniel never returned to Judea (reading between the lines).

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Something to do with the relationship between psychology and astrology (ie, Carl Jung being influenced by astrology)....that's one of my ideas of 'fun'

...also discussions about science and intuitive-based 'psuedoscience'

..all this because...there is head-smart.. but absolutely not to be dismissed are things of a mystical nature, strong internal feelings, and the imagination

~surely the left and right hemispheres can unite sometimes~

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit