BORN-INS! What Were The Most Annoying Quotes Your Parents Would Say?

by OneStepOut93 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Spittn4Cash
    Spittn4Cash

Hello "friends"

Make the truth your own

we give our children gifts year round

Only two birthdays are mentioned in the bible, and on both occasions...

Jesus never celebrated his birthday, in fact jesus wasn't even born on dec 25th

stay away from xxxxxxx, they're worldly!

bad association spoils useful habits

Masturbation leads to fornication

you can't do/play/watch xxxxxx, it's too violent

We are living in the last days!!

"buy out the time" for spiritual matters

put kingdom interest first

watch how we walk, and watch how we talk

brother xxxxxx is "spiritually strong"/"spiritually weak"

This is "the truth"

• d
    d

" I am obligated by God to guide you in the ways of Jehovah"

• not bitter
    not bitter

Why can't you be more like so and so

You're not watching 'The A Team' its too violent. But I was allowed to watch The Godfather!!!

Bad association spoils useful habits

• rowan
    rowan

After I was disfellowshipped my mother told me that I was like Eli's sons.

• Dagney
    Dagney

When my nine year old self refused to eat cooked carrots:

Mom: "What if you are in prison during the great tribulation and all you had to eat was cooked carrots, THEN what will you do?!"

Me: "I'll eat them then."

What strikes me NOW is how normal it was back then it was to talk to kids about going to prison and total destruction of 99.999% of the earth's inhabitants. We didn't even blink an eye back then.

Another great mom line was: "Just think...ALLLL these people are going to be destroyed." (When looking at a large crowd.) She was a nice lady and she it didn't phase her a bit.

Strange strange religion.

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

"You will reap what you sow."

What a stupid, fucking thing. After I left I thought about how senseless this phrase is (yes, the Bible has plenty of useless crap).

Let's see. I should have answered:

Answer 1: "No Mom, sometimes there is bad weather and shit and you only reap part of it."

Answer 2: "Is that a rule? Really? A 100% RULE? Like unfalible RULE? I don't think so..."

Answer 3: "I can sow, than destroy the field, than sow something else, than drive a tractor over it, or even sell the goddamn land."

Answer 4: "WTF?"

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Mom: "What if you are in prison during the great tribulation and all you had to eat was cooked carrots, THEN what will you do?!" Me: "I'll eat them then." What strikes me NOW is how normal it was back then it was to talk to kids about going to prison and total destruction of 99.999% of the earth's inhabitants. We didn't even blink an eye back then.

Yep...the sparkle of youth and childhood was greatly diminished by the constant threat of having to endure "concentration camp" like circumstances for Jehovah. Most adults try to shield children from these kind of horrors until they have the coping skills to deal with them. No such consideration for JW kids, we heard about the future horrors to come at almost every meeting just in case we might need more material for our nightmares or may have gotten over being frightened out of our wits since the last meeting.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

"I want you to survive Armageddon...please come back to Jehovah"

ugh!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Which question will you be commenting on today? Underline it so you're ready when the brother calls on you!

It would make your dear old father proud if you raised your hand at the Watchtower study.

You have so little interest in the truth! Weeps into hankie.

We give presents all year.

That skirt isn't modest.

We can't get you those meeting shoes until your father makes sure they won't stumble anyone.

Why don't you cultivate some studies?

Don't you want to pioneer during school vacation and please Jehovah?

If you don't change your rebellious attitude, you'll never get a Christian husband. (I was a tomboy.)

• earthfire
    earthfire

My dad was a big fan of 1st Corinthian's 15:33, even when it wasn't relevant I'd hear "Bad associations spoil useful habits".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit