BORN-INS! What Were The Most Annoying Quotes Your Parents Would Say?

by OneStepOut93 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

OMG, "Honor thy father and mother." "Spare the rod and spoil the child."

Spare the rod and spoil the child. Retort from Mom, Paul (one Paul quote is worth 100x Proverbs): Provoke not your children.

My mom never had any problems with honor so I was suspicious.

"You are so bad and worldly." "You are evil," "You do not respect me."

If the Beatles could have filmed the commentary on John Lennon from my father, I am certain it would be in a Beatle documentary.
    I Want To Hold YOur Hand or Please, pleas me' as Satanism.

• shamus100
    shamus100

.... pretty much what I thought. Whitewash the whole thing... ROFL.

• magotan
    magotan

" You wouldn't want to celebate something where their heads got cut off, would you?"

"why would yu want to spend more time than necessary with them?"

"out of the mouth of babes"

• Twitch
    Twitch

Ya know, it doesn't matter anymore and it's a good thing, methinks

• flipper
    flipper

This is a great thread. My elder dad used to CONSTANTLY quote this scripture and tell me, " we are good for nothing slaves, what we have done is what we ought to have done. " I hated that quote ! I felt like saying, " you mean it isn't our choice " ? My dad was quite the strict authoritarian elder. That drove me nuts as well. One of the many reasons I'm liberal now and out of the cult. Freedom is sweet

• magotan
    magotan

"Maybe my brain needed a little washing!"

This should have sent off red flags in my mind.

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Thank you everyone for posting I'm familiar with almost all of these. And thank you Mr. Flipper for the comment. I hope when you left the WT you said "So long and thanks for all the fish". ;)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"You wouldn't want displease your Heavenly Father, now, would you?"

This image is from the study book for kids of my age in the early 60's. What the girl the dog and the bicycle had done wrong is up to the imagination of the child studying it.

My bike has rusted away, our dog died of old age and my friends from that era are mostly dead from old age, accidents, suicide, disease.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

"Obedience is better than sacrifice"

"Honour your father and your mother"

"A stupid son is a vexation to his father"

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

You are never on holiday (vacation) from the 'Truth'

As kid I knew we would probably have to eat the dog 'when things get tough' before Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit