BORN-INS! What Were The Most Annoying Quotes Your Parents Would Say?

by OneStepOut93 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

You have to make the truth your own

• RN
    RN

Another favorite-being instructed to read James 4:4, to "cure" me from wanting to play with neighborhood children. My mother was such a piece of work, it's no wonder I no longer speak to her.

• cult classic
    cult classic

LOL 00Dad.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

There were no Witness kids where we lived. I only encountered a few in junior high school and high school. When one was assigned to my homeroom, it was hell. She is now a public official in Anchorage, AK.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

"How are you going to get through Armegheddon (if you keep doing that)?"

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I was standing on the beach the other day watching some surfers and was wishing I was out in the water myself. I turned to my wife and sarcastically quoted what was always said to me any time I expressed interest in participating in athletic activities.

"Never mind Exwhyzee.....you'll have all the time in the world to do that in the New System."

• recovering
    recovering

spare the rod spoil the child :(

• perfect1
    perfect1

"I cant wait for this rotten system to end. "

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

• "You think those kids at school are your friends? Just you wait till the GREAT TRIBULATION starts - they will all turn against you, make fun of you and hate you"

• Sometimes in high school I would make the mistake of saying something like -we won the football game Friday night, only to be reprimanded with the words...."It is not WE! WE are not part of the world."

• "That was the best convention ever"

• The most irritating one is the one my father is always quoting lately..."Disfellowshipping is like a time-out for a naughty child". This is his favorite one these days. J.C. - I'm 47 years old - stop comparing me to a child sitting in the corner
  • fedup
    fedup

Wake up, time for SERVICE!!

Come on, we'll be late for the meeting

Brother _____ is so spriritual

You have to comment during the WT study

Did you prepare for the WT study?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit