BORN-INS! What Were The Most Annoying Quotes Your Parents Would Say?

by OneStepOut93 73 Replies latest jw friends

• NoRegrets
    NoRegrets

Regarding holidays, the scripted and pre-rehearsed line of complete make believe: "We get presents all year round"!

I can count on ONE HAND the number of presents I received as a child and can't think of one time that it was wrapped. Also, one of the presents was a snow shovel!

NR

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Bad association spoils useful habits.

No, it's a meeting night. Have you studied your Watchtower?

• perfect1
    perfect1

NO regrets!

Yep!

• xchange
    xchange

"Would Jehovah/Jesus approve of that?"

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

"Don't you love Jehovah?" gee whiz how can a kid respond to that. Looking back I wish I had the nerve "NO"

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Remember the Catholic kids only get toys once a year, you can have them all year. Liar. Liar.

Watching a film or TV and abruptive leaving or having it turned off b/c something not even spooky happened. It was not consistent. Oh, once Bonanza showed some can-can dancers and I heard how bad they were for hours. It was Bonanaza! They showed their behinds. No, they did not.

Leaving the planetarium show at the Museum of Natural History when evolution was referenced in full sight of the crowd, including other kids. People thought we were rude to ruin their view by getting up and walking out.

The United States was wonderful for union rights b/c my father was a United Mine Worker before Bethel. FDR was vaguely good. Yet the US was so bad that my father and uncles faced jail rather than life a hangnail to help the war effort. The US and England were no good. (I never understood the emphasis on England in post WWII America).

You are far less than a male.

• Londo111
  • EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

"It's demonized". Anything not easily explained is demonized,it irked me to no end. Once my mother even called me demonized.

And the quotes from the Watchtower.

• Pickler
    Pickler

"Feet in a hurry to run to badness" which was anything you wished you could do that wasn't witness related.

" He'd make a lovely brother!" Any man who was nice & not already a witness ( like our mechanic )

"unevenly yoked to an unbeliever" ooohhhhh the reason why any witness married to a non witness was unhappy!

They are tattooed on my brain!

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i hope your glad,"you bringing reproach on jehovahs organization"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit