Sickening Dilemma

by ItsMyLife 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I knew of a similar situation. The bro admitted to the elders that he had molested my friend's child and he was reproved. A year later he got married. My friend felt she should tell the woman about his history, as she had young children. My friend got talked to by the elders and the woman married the pervert anyway. Apparently is OK to put children at risk of being molested but not OK to tell the truth and try to protect children.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

LisaRose.... I just do not understand the reasoning. Do they not understand it is a crime?....Even harden criminals in prison look down in contempt on child molesters. Would not a loving and just God feel the same?

Because this is so well hidden, when JWs hear of a case they think it is an exception. They do not know how prevalent it is.

I hope itsmylife was able to let someone know.

Missy

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

Hi Miss.Fit. Welcome!

Unfortunately, I wasn't in a position to speak to the fiancee and the wedding went ahead. I did make some enquiries via a family member who is a police officer, but no joy.

I really hope that if his wife is aware of his leanings, she will ensure he is never, ever alone with her daughter.

I don't know what else I can do - I haven't been to a meeting for nearly a year, and I am not particular friends with her. I am (or was, until about a month ago) friends with his sister, but she doesn't know that I know about him.

The paperwork must have been filed away now, as I did look for it again, but it was nowhere to be found.

IIRC, the information I read said he had done something with a younger person when he was a teenager, and had been having therapy since without incident. He is now in his 30s.

LisaRose, That doesn't surprise me at all. It's so twisted, you can't say anything bad about your fellow brother or sister, but they can do whatever they want as long as they are really sorry afterwards

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit