Sickening Dilemma

by ItsMyLife 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

  • problemaddict

    I agree with telling the police. let me add just a couple tidbits.

    1) Tell the police NOW. Also tell them who knows, and about the secret file and where it is that proves this.

    2) Police can only investigate a crime. So if he has "urges" but hasn't acted, it can be a hard sell.

    3) Tell the sister. Tell her NOW. Do not assume she knows. Tell her what you saw and why and how. Especially if you don't care about the hall, think of those kids.

  • GLTirebiter

    Is he on a registered offender required to avoid contact with children? If so, report to the authorities that he is involved with a woman who has young children. They have the power to intervene.

  • the girl next door
    the girl next door

    This is my first posting, I found out about this website through my fiance. I usually just read and either laugh or scowl at the posting, this posting I could no longer stay quite. My fiance and I left our spouses for each other. He was a very well respected elder, I was just a rank and file. He has children from his ex, I have children from mine. We have been through things that I can't even make up if I wanted to. His ex wife not only was molested by her elder dad but allowed her children to be molested by him. The discussing this is, she also was molested by a thirty year old when she was fourteen. He was a brother in the hall and lived above her families garage. She is now married to this man, knowing what she knows. He tried to touch her daughter but the daughter recognized the signs and ran far away and now we have full custody of her. You need to call this woman and the police, if she does not believe you, call child protective services. Woman are stupid and desperate, especially ones in the truth. Her children need help before their innocence is taken away from them.

  • William Penwell
    William Penwell

    Sounds like the elders are again giving professional advice that they have no business doing that in the first place. Be very careful how you approach this as you are between a rock and a hard place on this one and are opening yourself up to libel action.

  • jamiebowers

    First off, check the sex offeners list in the child molestor's area. If he's on it, give an anonymous tip to the police and cildren's services that he's engaged to a woman with young children. If he's not on the sex offender's list, provide the anonymous tips anyway. Let the experts handle this.

  • Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

    I wish you the best right now. I feel you need to be careful and I would do it all without revelaling who you are. You don't want to be accused of slander or sued by them even though you saw proff of it. If you don't have the paperwork and just read the report, it could be your word against theirs. I would definitely notify the authorities and the sister who plans to marry him but do it in a letter without your name. I would also write the body of elders and let them know you are aware of what brother pervert did and it was reported to the police and you will let others know in the congregation what he did to children. You can do all of this undercover without trekking them who you are. I would even take it a step further and send every publisher a form letter tell the story go thid pedifil and I woul mail these letters to their homes and they will never have any idea it was you that sent everything out. Just use rubber gloves to type up yhe letters so you leave no finger prints for then to trace it back to you. Protect your self and those children and the sister. L. Please keep us informed so we know howvitbturns out!

  • zeb

    Go to the Police.

    and be prepared to be shafted by the cong if you tell the bride to be.

  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

    Tell every-one but make sure your identity is not compromised as the repurcussions for you could be horrendous, but still not as horrendous as not saying anything for the next abused child.

    How would you cope with the guilt if you did nothing and another child suffered at his hands?

  • JWOP

    I agree that the police need to know, and the girlfriend needs to know! I would be devastated if my children were hurt because someone didn't warn me. That's damage that never ever leaves a child, and breaks them to the point that they sometimes become child molesters themselves.

    Do the right thing, TELL her and TELL the police.

  • LouBelle

    ItsMyLife - the best thing is be truthful about it. Tell them you saw the file, his name and that he is now engaged to a woman with 3 young girls and that you are a concerned citizen. That mother will be grateful in the long run.

Share this