Sickening Dilemma

by ItsMyLife 72 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• undercover
    undercover

I think Sir82 is right. Call the police. Even if it's just to get advice on how to handle it... or what you can do legally to warn people. Let professionals do their job.

Blowing his cover in the hall probably won't do much, sad to say. He's a JW fer chrissakes, he wouldn't do anything like that. It's only after it's too late do dubs realize they were fooled. Get real authorities with real crime experience involved.

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

I don't think psychiatrists are required to report past offences to the police. I think they only have to report it if they think the patient is a danger to themselves or others, and with children it's more about if a particular child is in danger. I've been trying to find out, but it's not a clear rule, it appears to be down to each individual case.

It would cause personal trouble for me if I were found to be the one who reported him. But better that than something happen to that little girl. I would be just as guilty as anyone else if I said nothing and he messed with her.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

PLEASE GO TO THE SISTER AND INFORM HER SO THAT SHE CAN PROTECT HER INNOCENT CHILDREN, AND THEN GO TO THE POLICE WITH THE INFORMATION THAT YOU HAVE. PLEASE!

Loz x

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

I am going to speak to someone tomorrow to find out how to report it to the police. I don't even know if you can without knowing the names of the victims. But I WILL report it, I have to.

Thank you everybody x

• Retrovirus
    Retrovirus

"The 'brother' has said to the elders at some point that he has it under control but cannot be 100% sure it won't happen again" That sentence alone shows the evasion of personal responsibility. "IT" doesn't happen - the molester does it. Not accepting responsibility is another indicator that this person will re-offend. The police need to be involved!

• Pyramid Scheme
    Pyramid Scheme

Wow, IML....

As a person whose family (and several girls I know) has been deeply affected by predators within the congregation and family "friends", I applaud you and implore you to follow through. The police are a good start, but based on my experience even with the law, you may need to find another way to let that poor woman know who she is marrying.........the elders will be of no help, and perhaps would just accuse you of slandering the guy (EVEN THOUGH HE IS GUILTY)

I personally feel these people cannot be completely rehabilitated - at least in the sense that that urge and temptation will always be with him - and he is going to be like an alcoholic in a brewery with that little girl around. What happens the first night he "babysits" the kids.....It makes me sick just thinking about it.

You are doing the right thing - best wishes with your efforts.....

• happy@last
    happy@last

Another vote for Sir82's advice, the police will have a department capable of dealing with this, in the UK its the child protection unit.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There is a reason why people (men) who were caught in acts of pedophilia, who were retained through the legal system

and upon their release back into the public, have a legal stipulation stating that that they are not to be in the company of young children alone

by themselves.

• Bella15
    Bella15

Advise Child Protection Services in your area if you are in the USA about this ... PLEASE do it for those children.

• Bella15
    Bella15

My niece was sexually abused from the time she was 5 until 13 by JWs ... please do it anonymously as someone else have suggested, and make sure to follow up ... keep and eye on those kids and make sure the proper authorities know about this. BE AN ADVOCATE FOR THE CHILDREN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit