WTF? Tried Jehovahs Witnesses to delete Raymond from Wikipeda a couple minutes ago?

by Dold Agenda 144 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I am confused as to the point you are trying to make - you seem to be saying because IP geolocation doesn't work for you, it doesn't work.

No, I'm saying sometimes it is more accurate and sometimes it is less accurate. Which is substantially what you're saying, but you just want to sound superior. You don't really know whether this case is more or less accurate than anyone else's results.

In my experience of deploying consumer broadband networks for a national ISP (think millions of consumers)

Hail the ISP genius.

• besty
    besty

you can see why I'm confused as to your specific point - you agree with me factually, and the balance of your comments are devoted to my possible motivations.;-)

nothing to add. again.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Sigh... I don't really care about your 'motivations'. Your assertion about the accuracy of the geolocation of the British user was largely speculative. I know it. You know it. End of story.

• besty
    besty

" with reasonable certainty"

" YOUR mileage may vary"

" IP geolocation is sometimes accurate and sometimes not."

" *probably*"

Your assertion

what assertion was that?

nothing to add. again.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It hardly matters. But your assertion was that there was "reasonable certainty" that the person was in Norfolk, when it's actually much less certain. You'll probably want the last word again (even though apparently having 'nothing to add'). Go ahead. I don't care.

• besty
    besty
    It hardly matters. But your assertion was that there was "reasonable certainty" that the person was in Norfolk, when it's actually much less certain . You'll probably want the last word again (even though apparently having 'nothing to add'). Go ahead. I don't care.

last word :-)

NORWICH

you bugged me sufficently to check directly with the ISP...

• jgnat
    jgnat

So we have a second-class Wikipedia contributor masquerading as a Watchtower heavy but writing with the mentality of a fifteen year old, living in Norwich. His momma must be proud.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

PMed you, besty.

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

geez , just get along

• besty
    besty
    geez , just get along

Its the internet - no point in just getting along ;-) you got a problem with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit