WTF? Tried Jehovahs Witnesses to delete Raymond from Wikipeda a couple minutes ago?

by Dold Agenda 144 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    NORWICH

They've just given you the ISP's administrative centre for that block of IPs. The ISP would not give you the client's address. Client could be anywhere in Norfolk, or possibly further.

you bugged me sufficently to check directly with the ISP...

Oh dear. Sounds like a topic for your therapist.

• besty
    besty
    They've just given you the ISP's administrative centre for that block of IPs. The ISP would not give you the client's address . Client could be anywhere in Norfolk, or possibly further.

I didn't ask for the clients address as I have already said that would be unethical for me to do so.

I did ask my friend which DSLAM that particular IP was connected to and was informed the town in question is Norwich. This particular IP address is in Norwich - end of story. No confidentiality has been compromised, and publically available information could lead to a similar conclusion. All I have done is move my position from 'reasonably certain' to '100% certain with no room for doubt' - this is now a fact.

You should understand I didn't call 0800 Customer Service - I emailed a friend who works for the ISP - he checks with his network techies and tells me the answer. If the answer had been Inverness, Timbuktu or whatever I would have posted that.

Move on jeffro - I love what you write about 607 etc - just know that I am competent to comment on consumer broadband networks, and I am sufficiently well connected in the UK telco world to find out stuff like this if and when I want.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Anybody know any JW's in the Westerfield area of Ipswich

So... you said that the person lives in Ipswich.

This particular IP address is in Norwich - end of story.

I never said it definitely wasn't. But that's not where you originally said it was either.

All I have done is move my position from 'reasonably certain' to '100% certain with no room for doubt' - this is now a fact.

So... not Ipswich.

This is called 'moving the goal posts'.

Apology accepted.

Move on jeffro - I love what you write about 607 etc - just know that I am competent to comment on consumer broadband networks, and I am sufficiently well connected in the UK telco world to find out stuff like this if and when I want.

I do IT support by trade.

• Honesty
    Honesty

besty:

"Anybody know any JW's in the Westerfield area of Ipswich"

Wibble

Anerin

Gareth

Same troll different screen names.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Besty,

Since clarity in writing is important to you, can you explain your statement below?

"Nor am I a member of a bully click"

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

He probably meant 'clique.'

• never a jw
    never a jw

The point of my request to Besty (click vs clique) is that we should not be so quick to cavil about typos in other people's comments because we may open ourselves to crticism that may reveal the more serious spelling or grammatical errors in our own comments.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Never A JW *** The point of my request to Besty (click vs clique) is that we should not be so quick to cavil about typos****

As a way of explanation, and under the circumstances, Besty had every right to respond to me in any way he seemed fit, for the injustice of my irrational reply to his factual statement. I appoligised for this, no excuse except that my initial emotional reaction to the topic of Ray being deleted from wikipedia had me looking for revenge, and my unfortunate imperfect nature of being somewhat paranoid.

I appoligise once again to All for starting a personal "affront" that was totally unwarrented and promise to keep with the topic in future.

Thank you never A JW :-)

• besty
    besty

If there is one thing I have learned from 7 years and 4000 posts on JWN its not to bullshit - someone better informed is never too far away.

• cantleave
    cantleave

If there is one thing I have learned .......... on JWN its not to bullshit - someone better informed is never too far away

I am making this my new motto.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit