WTF? Tried Jehovahs Witnesses to delete Raymond from Wikipeda a couple minutes ago?

by Dold Agenda 144 Replies latest jw friends

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** PS - I worked for a UK ISP and telco for 10 years****

And you compare looking for a JW on a physical MAP (pin in a hay stack) to looking for a JW on this forum that broadcasts from a specific ISP ?

Shalom ;)

• Emery
    Emery

Umm they could get into some serious trouble if it was the Watchtower. Scientology got into trouble for editing their wiki page to show favorable information.

• Londo111
    Londo111

PT: No worries. Misspelling is not a salvation issue.

Good stuff about Ephesians 1:5-6!

• Pterist
    Pterist

*** PT: No worries. Misspelling is not a salvation issue. ****

Thank you for reminding me what's important.

Efforts to use Ad Hominem attack, a classic rethorical fallacy seems to be used here a lot. These people don't contribute anything to the subject just snide remarks.

Shalom friend :)

• besty
    besty
    Efforts to use Ad Hominem attack, a classic rethorical fallacy seems to be used here a lot. These people don't contribute anything to the subject just snide remarks.

was that aimed in my direction?

Interesting that you opened our interaction with "you obviously no nothing..." etc

Do you see how you are undermining your own squealy pig ad hominem argument?

If you do, congratulations. If you don't, don't mind me.

Noted.

Incidentally, argumentum ad hominem is a logical fallacy, not a rhetorical fallacy :-)))))

• Pterist
    Pterist

****Interesting that you opened our interaction with "you obviously no nothing...*****

or was it specifically "you obviously know nothing about IP addresses"

you compared my interest in trying to track the source who tried to delete Ray Franz valuable contribution on Wikipedia to sarcasticly comparing it to looking for a JW in Ipswich. NOT a true comparison if you know anything about Internet IP addresses and IT security. So your statement was at best ignorance of The IP protocol or at best an attempt at ridicule! Like Looking for a needle in a hay stack.

Second you stated it was not FAIR to ask Simon to trace any traffic comimg from this ISP to this forum, because it was not public information, once again you showed no knowledge on IP addresses as the range mention in the opening comment are PUBLIC IP addresses

Thirdly you made a statement that it would take a life time to search the Wikipedia updates with this range of IP address, when you did not even count the number of hosts that can be calculated based on the range and subnet mask on the information given, once again showing your lack of iP subnetting. Can you calculate the number of hosts ? Or are you assuming it is a specific class ?

Forthly, and most importantly, You oppose my attemp to do anything to keep track the offender who tried to delete Ray Franz from Wikipedia, if you worked in IT for ten years, helpful suggestions would be more appropriate .

Fifthy you are absolutely correct about my bad spelling, you got this point across, but no usefull contrabution on the topic, , I'm sure people don't give 2 xxxx about that.

There is obviously a click oh this forum from certain areas, I'm not here to be liked by yoU or anyone else, , but if you want to make smart ass comments make sure you have your facts, so go buzz off and go bully your childhood victims.

• nibbled
    nibbled

And the Truth will set you free!

BTTT

• besty
    besty

@pterist - you misunderstood my post about Ipswich - go to geoip.co.uk and enter the 85. IP and guess where it locates to?

Clue: Begins with an I and ends in pswich

There was absolutely no sarcasm, ridicule or ignorance in my 1st post - that was all in your mind, and unfortunately you were in possesion of a keyboard and Internet connection at the time :-)

There would be no need to ask the owner of this website for help if the information your require is ..wait for it....public.*

You actually said you were going to do research on the full range of ISP's IP addresses - to me that literally means every IP address on the planet. Sorry.

I'm not opposing your attempted witch hunt - do what you like. (BTW the 'offender' is probably trapped in a mind control cult like we all were one time - show some sympathy)

Nor am I a member of a bully click on here or anywhere else. AnnoMaly understood exactly what I meant about Ipswich.

Have a pleasant day in your world!

*BTW - I could easily make a call to any number of friends that work for Tiscali and have the persons name, address and billing records by return, but that wouldn't be ethical or sporting, so I won't do that :-)

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Now that guy seems to have his account blocked by Wikipedia. The reason was legal threats.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:85.210.191.154

• jgnat
    jgnat

This contributor was bocked for making legal threats. Yaay, Wiki!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit