WTF? Tried Jehovahs Witnesses to delete Raymond from Wikipeda a couple minutes ago?

by Dold Agenda 144 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

seriously though cantleave - you see it every day on here and sometimes it gets a bit thin...

thats what I really liked about the common ancestry thread - people (eg you+ cofty) expressing themselves within a subject they really know and care about - proper value getting added - not nearly boys cutting and pasting crap they read for the first time a moment earlier...

or in this case 'geo-ip doesn't work because it doesn't work for me' ...it's like 'global warming isn't happening because we had snow outside my window yesterday'

anyways - Ray Franz is still on Wikipedia and that poor fool is still in Norwich, Norfolk, Ipswich etc...all good.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    or in this case 'geo-ip doesn't work because it doesn't work for me'

Never said that. I said it can be more accurate or less accurate, and can't be relied upon for determining a client's location, and certainly not to 'street level'. You inaccurately stated he was in Ipswich and then tried to save face. I get it. It's ok.

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

this is a really fun thread.

• A.M. Number 1
    A.M. Number 1

Has anybody caught on to the idea of turning the Watchtower on this GOON? Wouldn't that be funny if this guy was tracked down by the WT and disfellowshipped?

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

What idiots.

ex-JWs have their own "New System."

All JWs will be carriers of water jugs and laundry men/women.

Lions will eat them when they naively try to pet them. :-))

Dogz

• jgnat
    jgnat

I repeat, we have a second-class Wikipedia contributor masquerading as a Watchtower heavy but writing with the mentality of a fifteen year old, living in Norwich, who has been pwned by the Wiki team. Yaay Wiki.

We don't sound much smarter, getting in to a pissing match and talking about a witch-hunt.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Crazy stuff ... I used the geoip.co.uk, it was within 10 miles of me.

So ... when we click on a link from Watchtower posted on this site ... or go there from here ... they have record of IP addresses ... and they can track us down! Nah, they certainly have better things to do.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Crazy stuff ... I used the geoip.co.uk, it was within 10 miles of me.
    So ... when we click on a link from Watchtower posted on this site ... or go there from here ... they have record of IP addresses ... and they can track us down! Nah, they certainly have better things to do.

Well... maybe now that you've told them that your location is accurate within 10 miles. For the rest of us, they have no real way of knowing just how accurate any particular geolocation is.

Still, I really don't think they'll bother exploring the the 314-ish square miles on which you've clued them in just to track you down.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

jgnat, don't ruin our fun!!

:-))

Dogz

• besty
    besty

I said he was in Ipswich - AnnoMaly agreed with the general area.

You said geolocation wasn't accurate beyond country level, based on your personal experience of a 2000 km error- thats what happens when you live in the outback I guess - no commercial value for anybody to invest in accurate results to geo-locate kangaroos and sheep :-)

I checked with the ISP and the actual location was Norwich - 40 miles from where geoip.co.uk said he was.

It's been fun - thanks for playing :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit