Why did you pick the name you have now

by label licker 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Poindexter Lionel Humperdique
    Poindexter Lionel Humperdique

My obviously rediculous name was chosen simply for my own humor and others to make light of this extreme transition we all share of learning the truth about the truth. If you cant laugh about about life what else can you do. at least that is my approach.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I am all cool

• cantleave
    cantleave

Because I was more pessimistic back then!

• jwleaks
  • cedars
    cedars

My name is an acronym.

C - Can't

E - Eat

D - Dried

A - Artichokes

R - Rolled in

S - Sugar

Now it all becomes clear, huh?!

Cedars

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It was a crappy combination of 'Chunk of ice', my love of punk rock and a song the Rich Kids covered by the Small Faces 'here comes the nice'.

I thought about changing it but then though ah, who cares!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Ok. I'll bite. Mind you, newbie, this is the third time I have answered this question in 7 months!

I picked the name Rip Van Winkle because...

The last time I went to the Kingdom Hall, Brother Impossible was annoyed at me and tugged so hard at my sleeve that he tore my shirt. Rip

When I left the Hall, a white truck with the words "Van Tastick" written on the license plate almost hit me as I crossed the street .

As I headed to my car, a lady was standing at the base of a tree looking upwards at her cat. She was calling him "Winkle". Anyway, I coaxed Winkle out of the tree with the little toy mouse I always carry in my pocket and he jumped on my head and paw slapped my face about 10 times.

Everything that happened that day I believed was a 'sign". It all seemed to fit like a glove, made only for my hand. My left hand. That story is just not right.

And the fact that I became a witness and was asleep for 20 years!!!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Cedars, all this time I thought you chose it because of being a plank

Mine is a play on 'anomaly.'

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Rip - And I thought it was because you hurt your willy in a ford Transit!

Cedars - Mine's an acronym too. It stands for:

I hate the Governing body

May the watchtower go to bankruptcy

Hatred is the WBT$'s middle name

Iwannapunchthosefilthriddengoverningbodypaedolovingpervertsinthefacewithabrickthensawtheirfrickinlegsofflongmaytheydieinpain!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Punky- You weren't supposed to tell!

But I want to Thank You for that chunk of ice you applied to my Winkle. It really helped!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit