Why did you pick the name you have now

by label licker 78 Replies latest jw friends

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

It was either problemaddict.......or........fauxly mackeral.

• OneStepOut93
    OneStepOut93

Because I'm still active but mentally out. I have ONE foot (step) out the door, now I just have to have the courage to move the other foot and learn to walk again. 93 because well, born in 93 duh. ;)

• Azazel
    Azazel

Well ive always been a bit goat like and when i got DF i was certainly used as a scapegoat by my ex. Figured the name of this goat shaped demon was rather appropriate.

Az

• likeabird
    likeabird

Simple : it represents my former and current life all in one - formerly caged, currently free.

Flying high, flying free.

Ah, the wind feels so good through my wings!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I never saw this post before. I love jewelry, all things girly and always dressed up, one day my niece was about 4 years old at the time and she called me Aunt Fancy! Since this post was first started we have had so many new ones, I would love to hear how they chose their name.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

At the time I picked the name, it referred to my time already out of the JW's, and it was also one of my favorite groups of the 60's...their performance of "Im Going Home" at Woodstock was one of the most impressive of the festival!

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I niavely though of the JWs as just some oddish other religion, harmless, no big deal. My Husband had no intention of going back in so I thought, no prob. I did not research enough.

I couldn't have been more wrong. No one should ever subject themselves to this situation knowingly. ESPECIALLYnot to bring a child into it. ( Though ours is the most precious child I could have ever imagined, and my husband is a fantastic Dad, even though he initially thought he never wanted children)

I want to share. I love my husband and have no intention of seperation or divorce, but in retrospect if I knew then what I know now. I wouldn't have chosen this path. It is the hardest emotional path I have ever been on, but I do not give up.

Lets hope my story will be one of success of a marriage, and of a potential cult member diverted from baptism and opening his eyes to TTATT

• Blackbird Fly
    Blackbird Fly

The song speaks to me now like never before.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

COOL thread! I own my life - and the time IN my life, no one else does - especially not the hateful cult full of control freaks who pounded into my consciousness for nearly 30 years that Jehovah was my owner, and that the cult is Jehovah.

They are SICK life-ruining thieves, but I found out that nobody owns my life but me.

AND my grandmother had a cousin named Ione.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit