Interesting Genetic Research Published on Dog Evolution

by cantleave 227 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" So when the question of abiognesis is solved and the naturalistic link between geochemistry and biochemistry is established will you accept that god is a pointless concept? "

WOW! I can't belive you said that?! You are assuming that if the question of abiogenesis is solved ( yes, I know what that is ) that it will confirm your bias. If Metatron asked ," So when the Government gives full disclosure on Aliens will you accept that the human race being alone in the Universe is a pointless concept, and that aliens are real?", you would rip him a new one... You should have just wrote this...

" So when the question of abiognesis is solved in the manner that I already believe it will be, and the naturalistic link between geochemistry and biochemistry is established like I already believe it will be, will you accept that god is a pointless concept, because I already have based on my already determined beliefs." That's not science. That's assumption.

The question about abiogenesis may be solved. What will it prove? We don't know. You can't use an assumption to prove your view is correct. If I assume there is a creator, does it prove it? No. If you assume there is no creator does it prove it? No.

Believers say, " We are here, that is proof of God's existence." Non-believers will say, " We are here, that is proof that we evolved without a creator." Both statements are innacurate. You are correct when you say that the study of evolution does not require an intervening God. You could be born, never see a Bible, or hear the word God, or the concept of God and still be a scientist studying evolution. When you die, you will not have disproved the existence of God. Just say it. " I cannot disprove the existence of GOD. I really, really want to though, I just can't!!" You will feel so much better.

We are getting off topic. According to the definition of evolution that I read, evolution is a fact.

• prologos
    prologos

The diversity of canines makes a good case for development, for evolution, for inherited traits.

I hope abiogenesis in the sterile lab will succeed.

will that great feat disprove the existence of a creator, once and for all?

Do we need a creator now?

no, because the deed is done evolving just fine, but

if there is one, it would good to have a friend

like a perfect companion DOG. evolved as possible, perhaps intended.

• cofty
    cofty
    You are assuming that if the question of abiogenesis is solved that it will confirm your bias ... That's not science. That's assumption. - Data-Dog

On the contrary it is the very definition of science to assume there is a naturalistic answer. Its called methodological naturalism and is the presupposition that all science is based on.

If scientists allow the possibility that the answer is supernatural there is no point in going to work. Just publish a paper titled "god-did-it" and go play golf.

"Every mystery ever solved has turned out to be not magic" - Tim Minchen

Non-believers will say, " We are here, that is proof that we evolved without a creator."

I would never say that. I would say there is no need for a creator but that doesn't prove a god doesn't exist. If a god does exist then existing is all it does.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" I would never say that. I would say there is no need for a creator but that doesn't prove a god doesn't exist. If a god does exist then existing is all it does ."

Fair enough. I know I often wonder what God is doing. Then I feel guilty about wondering. Then i think, " Well, God never got got mad at the ancients for asking questions, so why would he be mad at me for wondering where he is?!"

SIAM wrote a great article that really got me thinking about the whole " universal sovreignty " issue. I don't think that explanation is sufficient for me anymore.. wish I could find that post...

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped .. still haven't had time to read it.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Wold to dog is not evolution, it is adaption, it is not macro-evolution, it is micro-evolution.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hiippie there is no such thing as micro and macro evolution, they are just different stages of the same process. The only people who make these differentiations are ID idiots and creationists.

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped .. still haven't read it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit