Interesting Genetic Research Published on Dog Evolution

by cantleave 227 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

A supernatural being that is the source of living things.

Source of life then, right?

From whom all life came?

I don't see how science has 'killed' that Being. Science can show us the physical means (or at least hypothesis or theorize as to that, which is all there is at the moment and which theories do change); or the process... which could be the sole means (though that makes no sense to me, but I digress)... or the means with which a Creator created. The 'details' so to speak.

Faith in God is dependent upon things other than that. Else that would be a god of the gaps, and science might be something for someone to fear (as some do). But there really is no need to fear anything. Science and God are not in conflict. Only our (lack of) knowledge of one or both, are ever in conflict.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Science will show us how life came from non-living stuff. It will demonstrate that there is no "ghost in the machine", that life is just electrons doing their thing.

Then what will there be left for god?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You do realise that the distinction between natural and supernatural is entirely arbitrary don't you Cofty?

• tec
    tec

Science will show us how life came from non-living stuff. It will demonstrate that there is no "ghost in the machine", that life is just electrons doing their thing.

Well, if science does that... then where did the non-living stuff come from?

(and how do we know that what we think of as non-living actually IS non-living... and other such questions)

Then what will there be left for god?

What there is right now. What there has been before every other 'gap' has apparently been closed.

Christ. The spiritual. Those who hear Him, those who seek Him, those who know by these that there IS God. Those who have always sought and known something more than just what the physical senses show us.

Christ is the foundation. Not religion. Not a lack of knowledge into the scientific details surrounding the physical.

We are at one place in the pages of science. We think they are leading us to a specific place in the story, but how many times have scientists discovered a plot twist that just turned them right back around, or sent them in a new direction, or brought a new player into the scene (like the spiritual in this case)? Science can speak to the physical and what it knows according to the tools on hand, and it can theorize/hypothesize based on those as well... but it can also be greatly mistaken, simply because it was missing evidence, often due to lacking the proper tools to measure something with.

One needs spiritual "tools" to learn about the spiritual.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

There is no spiritual.

The voices in your head do not prove otherwise.

• tec
    tec

'there is no spiritual' is not even a scientific thing to say.

I do not have voices in my head, Cofty, and I know I've said that on many occassions.

But the Spirit (Christ - One voice) DOES speak, and His sheep DO hear His voice.

Sometimes in words; sometimes in images; sometimes in reminders of scripture; sometimes in a deep knowing that is just given to them; sometimes in simply recognizing the Spirit in what another says from the Spirit.

That man might attribute this to things such as conscience; one's own inner voice; or imagination... does not make it so. Though I do understand that from those who do not claim to have faith in Christ and God. Harder to understand that kind of denial from those who claim TO have faith, except that they are listening to those who teach that this is symbolic, perhaps. As I also once believed.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Staggering degree of hubris.

• tec
    tec

I'm not sure how you can say that... or how you can say that without pointing that finger back at yourself, Cofty. I'm not saying that to argue... I just really don't know how you can do it.

Peace,

tammy

• mP
    mP

TEC

But the Spirit (Christ - One voice) DOES speak, and His sheep DO hear His voice.

mP:

Can you post a youtube video.?

• prologos
    prologos

all the banter about the supernatural aside.

How does the UNDERSTANDING of the Life forms development, the science of genetics PROOVE that

There is no Creator?

to the contrary, the exposing of a flexible, self replicating method of the specie's development through evolution

allows for more capacity in the creator then we ever magined based on the one-off fixed species bible model.

similarly, the discovery of the true vastness of the cosmos renders the idea that it all came from nothing, out of a timeless fluctuation of the vaccuum

even more unbelievable then it was a century ago,

when the known universe was our Milky Way galaxy only.

To my mind the proven method of evolution has raised my estime for a possible creator,

while at the same time eliminating the god of the bible as a candidate for that credit.

Walked through the petfood isles today and wolves would do fine just with the meat/fish section.

how is this going to go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit