Interesting Genetic Research Published on Dog Evolution

by cantleave 227 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

An adjective is a qualifier. Truth is stronger without adjectives.

• tec
    tec

The theory of Evolution is an investigation backwards to the origin of all life in it's various forms. This theory does not require the existence of an intervening God, and indeed all evidence points to evolution being a process that happens on it's own, unguided. God not needed.
    So, it is true that Evolution has not addressed the existence of God or not, nor does it need to. It does not follow that God exists.

I did not submit that it followed that God exists.

I said only that evolution being proven true does not show that a creator is not necessary... as to there being life in the first place. Unless Shador was simply stating that a creator was not necessary in the process of evolution. But I took his words to mean that evolution shows that a creator is not needed for there to be life to begin with.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

The scientific study of the origin of life would be:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy - So when the question of abiognesis is solved and the naturalistic link between geochemistry and biochemistry is established will you accept that god is a pointless concept?

• tec
    tec

No, Cofty... because that would still just be a process; the means; the 'how' of things. And just the 'how' of physical things, at that. My faith is not dependent upon the 'how' of such things, or upon a 'god of the gaps'. But upon Christ.

I commented only because evolution does not prove that no creator is needed, and that is all. No need for anyone to read more into it than that.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty
    evolution does not prove that no creator is needed

That is precisely what it does.

You can still believe in a god who exists to whisper in Tammy's ear but science has killed the creator god.

• tec
    tec

but science has killed the creator god.

Ah, Cofty, I don't think there are even scientists who would make that kind of comment... except perhaps as a personal opinion.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

I think most scientists would agree science has killed the CREATOR god.

She is redundant as far as creation goes. If she exists then existing is all she does.

• tec
    tec

Well, before we go farther Cofty, perhaps you would give your definition of a 'creator god'

I am still reading that link, jgnat. It is interesting how many theories there have been, and how many different theories there still are.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty
    perhaps you would give your definition of a 'creator god'

A supernatural being that is the source of living things.

There is no need of such a hypothesis to paraphrase Laplace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit