Interesting Genetic Research Published on Dog Evolution

by cantleave 227 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Shador
    Shador
    If it is proven to me that there is no creator before I die

No, see. Evolution, which shows that a creator is not necessary, HAS BEEN proven as a a FACT.

The existence of a creator God HAS NOT been proven.

So, that puts the onus on y'all creationists to show that there is a creator God.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"everyone who actually loves truth will accept the answer"

I live with a man who is convinced that he "has the truth" because he reads the magazines and dons the suit. I frequently remind him that he cannot "own" the truth as it stands by itself. Either something is true or it is not. So I've thought a lot about truth, pursuing truth, and what it means.

What is the difference between those who love truth and those who actually love truth? Are there false truthers? What would they look like?

Those who accept an answer can stop pursuing truth. They have come as far as they want to go and inquiry is over. This is not a lover of truth but a lover of certainty.

Those who love truth, I think, never stop asking questions, never rest in their pursuit, and can accept uncertainty where truth is unclear.

• tec
    tec

Evolution does not show that a creator is not necessary. Evolution does not speak as to a creator at all. Evolution describes a process... not a beginning.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

What we now know about evolution says this order is off.

(Wikipedia)

Birds and plants with seeds came waaay later than everything else.

• tec
    tec

Was that in response to what I said, jgnat? My comment was in response to this alone:

Evolution, which shows that a creator is not necessary, HAS BEEN proven as a a FACT.

Evolution might show that it is in conflict with what we have of the written account of Genesis... as long as we understand that written account correctly, and to be literal and without error; and/or that our knowledge on evolution is also without error.

But my comment was just in response to how evolution shows that a creator is not necessary. It does not speak as to a creator at all, so it does not do so.

Peace,

tammy

• Shador
    Shador
    Evolution does not speak as to a creator at all.

Maybe because evolution is science and not mythology.

• tec
    tec

Or because evolution is simply a process of the physical... and a creator is of the spiritual.

Either way... evolution does not speak as to a creator.

Peace,

tammy

• jgnat
    jgnat

"It does not speak as to a creator at all, so it does not do so."

Too many negatives in a row. Let's see if I can turn it to positives and break it down.

Religions usually start with a creation myth, including Christianity. God is to have created the earth, the universe, and everything in it. Other cultures may attribute all that is on earth to the world turtle.

The theory of Evolution is an investigation backwards to the origin of all life in it's various forms. This theory does not require the existence of an intervening God, and indeed all evidence points to evolution being a process that happens on it's own, unguided. God not needed.

So, it is true that Evolution has not addressed the existence of God or not, nor does it need to. It does not follow that God exists.

The biblical creation story used by Judeo Christian religions is flawed. We know that from what we now know about the origins of life in it's various forms.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I can accept uncertainty when the answer is not clear. If your Hubby says that he actually loves truth, but refuses to do unbiased research into the WTBTS, then his actions prove his claim to be false. That does not mean he can't change later on, or that he is a bad person and needs me to ridicule him. He may not be ready for that search filled with uncertainty.

A scientist who has a theory proven false repeatedly but refuses to change does not actually love scientific truth, even though he claims to. I don't get the problem with the word " actually." That statement that I made applies to QC equally. The real " truth" may not be what QC expects either, if it's not then QC's love of what is actually really true will be tested.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" No, see. Evolution, which shows that a creator is not necessary, HAS BEEN proven as a a FACT. "

No one has proven how life originated. The fact that life evolves has been proven. A creator and evolution are not mutually exclusive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit