Interesting Genetic Research Published on Dog Evolution

by cantleave 227 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You are not getting my list. Any 5th grader knows that 12 wolves out of all wolves over the last 10,000 years is nothing. Not to mention the 60 dogs.

Any educated 5th grader has a better grasp of this that you appear to have. I know this because I have a 4th grader who is.

• besty
    besty

A thirteenth-century Persian poet, Ibn Yamin said there are four types of men:

• One who knows and knows that he knows... His horse of wisdom will reach the skies.
    • One who knows, but doesn't know that he knows... He is fast asleep, so you should wake him up!
    • One who doesn't know, but knows that he doesn't know... His limping mule will eventually get him home.
    • One who doesn't know and doesn't know that he doesn't know... He will be eternally lost in his hopeless oblivion!

See this thread for plenty examples of the latter.

• cofty
    cofty

Didn't Donald Rumsfeld say something like that?

There are things we know we know and things we don't know we don't know and things we know we ....... doh!

• besty
    besty

He sure did.

"There are known knowns; there are things we know we know.
    We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say, we know there are some things we do not know.
    But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don’t know we don’t know"

I just get the impression that certain posters know what they know, and thats their world view sorted for all time.

• cofty
  • Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Cofty

I'm hoping I've found the problem here. I'm NOT DATA-DOG. Go back and look at page 6 of this thread. I think you are confusing me with another poster.

from page 6:

DATA-DOG - we don't need to wait for wolves and dogs to diverge.

Right now we have overwhelming amounts of evidence to prove that every living thing descended from a common ancestor over millions of years.

I am not talking about minor changes I mean major transitions from the sea to land - and back again in the case of the cetaceans.

What books on evolution, written by evolutionary biologists - have you read Data Dog?

Did you read the evidence in the Common Ancestry thread?

Surely you are not arguing against something you actually know nothing about are you? It sounds a lot like it.

• cofty
    cofty

Sorry Deputy Dog - I did it again.

My question still stands though. What is it about the OP you have a problem with?

• besty
    besty

haha - too many posters called Dog on a dog thread ;-)

• cofty
    cofty

Add in Wolfman just to confuse things further!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think it isimportant to understand that what we know today may not be what is known tomorrow.

If science has taught us anything it is that the "secure knowledge" of today can be the "incorrect ( or incomplete) knowledge" of tomorrow.

We must always keep an open minded to what science may find to be "just so" in the future.

While I hazard to say that NOTHING is written in stone, I think its fair to state that not everything is written in stone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit