Another sad non jw falling for a baptised jw girl story

by spirituk 53 Replies latest social relationships

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Rumspringa* :)

It's infatuation -- I think we've all been there as youths, spirituk. You'll be surprised how your feelings die down over time. I've had crushes so strong that they caused chest pain, but years later I have no special feelings for those girls at all, and am glad I didn't make a fool of myself trying to go after them, when there was really no chance of making it work.

• spirituk
    spirituk

OK,sorry about posting again, but i remembered something , when we were about to break up , she told me ''will you wait 3 years to marry me ? ''

what did she mean with that? i mean is there any specific rule or something indicating to wait for 3 years to get married ?

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

No, there's nothing like that in Witness beliefs. If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say she was thinking that she could move out of the home by then, so she'd have the freedom to be with whoever she wanted.

• spirituk
    spirituk

ok , i have to also tell you that she was engaged to marry a year ago with another witness and the engagement was cancelled . would that affect the '' 3 years '' that she told me ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit