Anybody else kinda intrigued about Oprah interviewing Lance Armstrong?

by Theocratic Sedition 45 Replies latest jw friends

• mP
    mP

Honestly they should ban all physical strength and stamina sports and only have skillful sports like football and even though i hate it golf. Sportslike sprinting and bicycling are only asking to be drugged.

• maisha
    maisha

2 classes at the games,,, we will start to see all the genitic modified hybrids come out to play, should be very interesting

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Anyone that has ever competed at any high level sport OR workout in a gym with high level atheletes knows how common the use of "recovery enhancers" ( because that is what most of them are) is.

Outside of "game day" boosters and drugs, I personally do not think that drugs or supplements that aid in the workout and recovery process should be banned.

• recovering
    recovering

His lawyers are having a fit right now due to his admission. He destroyed other's careers by claiming they where lying with regards to his use of ped. They are sure to file lawsuits against him. I think that I am more upset with his actions torwards the whistleblowers than I am with his use of peds

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I feel sorriest for the guy who came second. If he was an honest competitor the title rightfully belonged to him all these years but he was denied it and all the benefits that go with winning such a big event.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I feel sorriest for the guy who came second. If he was an honest competitor the title rightfully belonged to him all these years but he was denied it and all the benefits that go with winning such a big event.

Absolutely - that is why we have rules....

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I was surprised she didn't ask him if he had a prostetic testicle.

Rub a Dub

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

It's definately interesting. I don't know if all athletes use performance enhancing drugs or if we've simply started to assume that because so many high-profile ones have been found out. There certainly is pressure to go beyond what the physical body can do naturally. And the worldwide audience wants and expects the performances to get better and better. I mean, how many times can you break a speed record before you can go no further?

When it comes to the drugs themselves, I'm not completely sure what to think. I've heard arguments that an athlete will take cold medicine to heal an illness so they can better perform. We all do that. So if that same athlete takes a drug to improve the operation of some part of their body, is that really any different?

• Terry
    Terry

I understand Kareem Abdul Jabar is going to admit to be tall very soon on Oprah!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    When it comes to the drugs themselves, I'm not completely sure what to think. I've heard arguments that an athlete will take cold medicine to heal an illness so they can better perform. We all do that. So if that same athlete takes a drug to improve the operation of some part of their body, is that really any different?

Depends on the drug.

Some do give you a competitive edge at the TIME of competion, but most only allow you to work out more, workout harder and recover faster.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit