Anybody else kinda intrigued about Oprah interviewing Lance Armstrong?

by Theocratic Sedition 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I'm a bit excited about this to be honest with you. I'm not even remotely a cycling fan, but all this controversy made it a bit difficult to simply ignore. I'm curious to see how he does when those questions come at him full force. I'd like to see him address the snitches too.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cycling/story/lance-armstrong-ready-for-interview-as-oprah-winfrey-arrives-011413

"After more than a decade of denying that he doped to win the Tour de France seven times, Armstrong was set to sit down Monday for what has been trumpeted as a ''no-holds barred,'' 90-minute, question-and-answer session with Winfrey.

The cyclist will make a limited confession about his role as the head of a long-running scheme to dominate the prestigious bike race with the aid of performance-enhancing drugs, a person with knowledge of the situation has told The Associated Press.

Winfrey and her crew said they would film the interview at Armstrong's home and broadcast it Thursday on the Oprah Winfrey Network. Local and international news crews were staking out positions in front of Armstrong's Spanish-style villa. News crews began arriving before dawn, hoping to catch a glimpse of Winfrey or Armstrong.

If he was feeling any pressure, Armstrong hardly showed it during a jog under bright skies Sunday, even as members of his legal team began arriving one-by-one at his home.

''I'm calm, I'm at ease and ready to speak candidly,'' he told the AP, but declined to reveal how he would answer questions about the scandal that has shadowed his career like an angry storm cloud."

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I wonder if Lance is gonna blow the cover on how wide spread doping is in cycling.

• sir82
    sir82

I dunno, his credibility is kind of shot.

You spend a couple decades lying, why should we believe you now?

Say, that kind of sounds like the WTS.....

• james_woods
    james_woods

Well, maybe it can give a little boost to Oprah's sagging OWN network before she sells it to the Al Queda.

Frankly, there is nothing that Lance Armgstron can further say or do to make me like him or respect him.

I think he is one of the sports world's all time jerks. And it is NOT just the drugs that make me say that.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Very few elite level athelets are NOT jerks, maybe its that obssieve personality thing...

Years ago, after the Ben Johnson scandal here, I got a first hand view of how bad the sprint game was, almost all of athletics really and that took my blinders off.

Pro sports and performance enhancing drugs go hand-in-hand IMO.

Of course I personally have no issues with most of those drugs, they aren't really performance enhancers as much as they are training recovery enhancers and I can't blame atheltes for pushing the envelope and the limits that we has fans expected them too.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Ahhhh the soft landing spot that is Oprah.

Its almost as if she sweetly whispers to Lance -

"Come, Lance, come. Lie down on my plush ivory couch. Settle your head into my ample bosom and tell me all of your secrets. Everything will be OK, dear Lancie, once you confess to Oprah. There, there, now...everything is going to be OK....."

He's a puss. If he was a real man, he would've let Costas, or Al Michaels, Dan Patrick, or any number of legitimate sports journalists have at him for an hour. I'd have an ounce of respect for him if he at least did that....

• Glander
    Glander

Nope. It is the typical celebrity/politician, etc. who has been finally caught red handed and ran out of lies who then wants to apologize.

Not interested in anything this ego maniac jerk has to say.

Think about all the cyclists he competed against who did not cheat and put their heart and soul into the competition.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Think about all the cyclists he competed against who did not cheat and put their heart and soul into the competition.

How much do you want to bet that he will claim that "he didn't REALLY cheat because everybody ELSE was cheating too"?

• undercover
    undercover

You spend a couple decades lying, why should we believe you now?

Say, that kind of sounds like the WTS.....

And people still believe in them. And people will continue to worship Lance Armstrong.

Personally I don't care. I will say this... if doping was so prevalant in their sport and 'everyone' was doing it, then doesn't that mean that Lance Armstrong still beat them fair and square?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

At this point why really bother, it's like when Ellen and Ricky Martin made public statements about being gay . . . . as if NOBODY had a clue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit