Would Elders You Knew Have Ordered Stonings If They Could Have?

by Cold Steel 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

For those of you who used to be JWs, or who are active, if the Society was in charge of the earth, how many people do you think you would have seen stoned during your lifetimes? I realize some elders can be zealous about their work, but if they'd actually had administrative authority to have KH members stoned to death, how many elders did you know who would have been zealous enough to really order them?

Did you know any elders who would have ordered stonings, even if the condemned people had been willing to repent?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I personally had an long-time elder tell me that if we were still under the Mosaic Law they would take me outside and stone me to death.

I reminded him that we are NOT under the Mosaic Law, but under the Law of the Christ. I then encouraged him to go re-read John 8:1-11.

If looks could kill, I'd be dead.

I don't know if he ever took my advice and read the scriptures as I suggested. But I do now this: for some strange reason his adult children that are NOT JWs will not talk to him. I can't quiet figure out why. Can you?

He's still serving as an elder. I'm still disfellowshipped.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think the elders with the least amount of education, are the ones who make such stupid statements. Of course when the shoe is on the other foot, the sniveling begins

• cantleave
    cantleave

I know a number of elders who would loved to have been able to execute sinners on behalf of the society.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh hell yeah. Give small-minded men a small bit of power and they get crazy with it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Wasn't there a drama in the 70s that suggested that related stoning to disfellowshiping? And didn't the speaker suggest we disfellowship because we are not allowed to stone?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Are you asking if the elders would have sanctioned murder?

Ummmm......no......no I don't think so.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

My father would often say it to my brother and in anger.

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

I meant to say brother and I.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Some. 20-30%? Mean spirited Pharisaical ones. Usually uneducated and unbalanced.

JW Taliban?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit