Would Elders You Knew Have Ordered Stonings If They Could Have?

by Cold Steel 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AGuest
    AGuest

My apologies dear Angharad. You're right (and my comment wasn't with regard to JWN in general, but a certain few who have changed the feel of the place just a tad). I have taken some pretty nasty hits lately... and a recent one was just over the top for me... and, well, I wasn't quite over it given the level of accusations (I'm human, sorry). Probably shouldn't have posted... but thought folks might want to know what it feels like to not only have to concern themselves about such from the WTBTS. Such hatred isn't limited to practicing JWs.

My apologies, though, to you, the board, the OP, and readers if I offended. We all need to vent, though, sometimes... and from a personal level. This may have been the wrong thread... but it felt "right" to me, given the topic.

Not much hurts me, but that last one... actually scared me (although not for myself).

Just SA, this time...

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Wow. You are really something, aguest. Pop onto this thread and imply that other posters on JWN would mete out a stoning treatment to you? Sorry, but I've seen you say some really horrible things to people here, yet you continue to be welcome on this forum (something that puzzles me to no end) and you continue to be treated with respect by people in this community. You weren't getting enough attention over on your voice-hearing threads so you had to come onto this one and insert yourself in the middle so people will feel sorry for you?

Forgive my rant. I'm really reaching the point where I've had enough.

• AGuest
    AGuest

My apologies to you, as well, dear Mamochan (peace to you!). Unfortunately, I just couldn't stomach the hypocrisy tonight. Usually, I can handle it. But tonight... it was just too much for me. It's like JW's seeing what others outside them do... but for some reason can't see what those inside do. I just... couldn't handle it. I don't expect you to understand - you most probably aren't aware of all of the comments. All I can do is ask your forgiveness for the offense and say, again, I just couldn't handle the hypocrisy as to this topic.

A slave of Christ,

SA

P.S. I've taken Angharad's "counsel" to heart...

• SunnyDays
    SunnyDays

So let me get this straight.

You go into a frenzy calling a fellow poster insane, prophesy her suicide, then with eyes flashing, foam dripping, and fangs snarling, you blame.......well I'm not sure exactly who, but I assume it was a general accusation against most of the atheists on the board--for not being concerned for that person's mental health and telling her to go get help . . . .

THEN, after expressing your outrage and concern for that poster, who you deem profoundly, mentally, ill, you ENCOURAGE HER TO HEAR VOICES?

And if it's the poster I think you're talking about......from what I've seen, YOU were the one who said the nastiest things to them and kept goading them. But you call down evil on others, who (will?) cause her to commit suicide?

I am so sad that *this* is the website that has such a plethora of good research to prove JW's are false. I have thoroughly enjoyed exploring the older threads, and some of the new ones, but....this is really bizarre.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I might believe your boohoo, I'm sorry, aguest. But I was one of many who were appalled at what you said to greiving parents whose schizoprhenic son took his life. And then you deny it and remake the past over on your most recent voices thread. Then you imply that a long-time poster here who you seem to have personal issues with is going to have a breakdown and that forum participants will be bloodguilty when...I guess? that poster also takes her life? Shame on you. THat's a horrible thing to say.

I was away from this forum for a long time. I didn't know you from Adam, even though I was a regular participant here almost ten years ago. I only became aware of you when you chose to disrupt people here who were grieving for OOmpa.

I don't know what kind of game you are playing nor what character you think you are portraying, but there are many, many of us here who are silent and are seeing what you are doing with increasing dismay. You need to take your voices and go back to your own forum and stop trying to convince people here that you have some kind of pipeline to god or jesus or whoever. EVeryone knows where to find you if they really want to follow your religion. There are many vulnerable people on this forum who need to heal from the abuse heaped on them by the JW religion. I have no issues with you and your religion. I DO have issues with you trying to put it on vulnerable people.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Not sure what you're referring to specifically, dear SD (peace to you!), as your details don't seem accurate, but any further discussion would derail, so you'll have to PM me if you truly wish a response.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Angharad
    Angharad

The thread was locked eariler as it wasn't going to go anywhere useful and was going to just cause more bad feeling - there was fault on both sides IMO

Please lets not get off topic here and make this thread into something else.

Thanks

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Will do, Angharad. Apologies to everyone for disrupting the thread.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Sorry, Angharad - I did not see your last post.

Thank you and peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• SunnyDays
    SunnyDays
    Not sure what you're referring to specifically, dear SD (peace to you!), as your details don't seem accurate, but any further discussion would derail, so you'll have to PM me if you truly wish a response.

I've already seen your response here, thank you anyways.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit