Would Elders You Knew Have Ordered Stonings If They Could Have?

by Cold Steel 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Borges
    Borges

Of course they would. They let their own children die when it comes to the blood-issue. Throwing rocks on people you don't like anyway because they are weak or apostates is much easier.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

There is a local contractor who fell off his horse while riding horseback and smashed his head into a rock. My husband said "It could not have happened to a better man, I hated his ass!" The contractor was a perfectionist and yelled at my spouse for shoddy qualifty with his building business. Hubby was jealous Mr. Park made $2.5 million while we were making much less as we built up our current business. I watched my husband become very uncomfortable and more jealous around brothers with real wealth, he picked on the richest guy in our kingdom hall. Which follower of Jesus Christ would wish a man who became brain dead, the evil my husband did? When a schizophrenic man committed suicide, he said "We are better off with him dead now, Jehovah's name won't be reproached by a crazy walking down the streets naked. Using this, come to your own conclusions.

He is the head of the Kingdom Hall, he wear's his millstone collection proudly, I think Jehovah has started to use smaller millstones because he might be losing count. If my husband was with Jesus when he said "he who has not sin, cast the first stone!", he would have stonned the sinner after Jesus Christ left the scence. Nothing is ever really open with us, we throw our darts behind everyone's back. I know for a fact, these brothers would have no problem stonning sinners, as long as they are not our kids or kids we are helping by returninig favors we owed.

• eva luna
    eva luna

I dont know Borges.

While still a JW mom, I woud have given my children blood and let god take it out on me. You would die for your children. Right?

I cant imagine stoning someone.

The elders I have known, I cant imagine them stoning anyone. But they would let a family member die over the blood issue.

My mom recently told me ,,,have it in writing or you dont get blood. Funny, becasue I respect her wishes.

I Imagine if you cant comprhend the thought , you are not like them.

• prologos
    prologos

This story is a confirmed fact: during one official closed meeting , one elder said seriously: "-- yes, and we did not kill enough of you*--" , almost shaking with anger. with high probability the shaking would have caused the first stone to miss.

*details withheld to protect the innocent.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Taliking about it is one thing. doing it is another.....Look at those bloody photos. Repulsive to everyone!

We are far from the mideast and I really dont think anyone would have the stomach for it.

But that is just my feelings.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I've not got the quote to hand but there was a WT article a while back re how to treat DFed children and it used the example of how, under the mosaic law, parents would have to stone "wicked" children. It was basically saying that if that's what parents had to do back then then parents today should do the same in the way of a spiritual "stoning" and completely blank their DFed kids.

To answer the question I think there are elders who would stone ones if they could.

• Borges
    Borges

Eva Luna - Since this is a hypothetical question, you can only guess. Nobody knows for sure, how he or others would act under certain circumstances.

But what you can tell, is the attitude behind a certain act. Regarding this there is no difference between stoning and shunning. It is all about to "cut off the sinner from the people".

• Borges
    Borges

Another thought: The JW are not just a cult, with their adherence to the OT they are also a very archaic religion. I grew up as a witness and even before I could read I knew a lot of stories about murder, rape and genocide. I remember on kingdom-song my grandma use to sing while bringing me to bed: (now from my memory and translating it from german, don't know if it is correct) "If thousands are falling at your right, ten thousands at your left..."

The JW have a very distorted view on life. They thrive with expectation of billions to be killed, just to be in paradise themselves. They like the stories about the egypts killed in the red sea or how samson killed the philistines and read them to their kids. They put a mass-murderer (David) as an example.

So, why should you expect them not killing apostates, if the circumstances would permit and the bible would tell them to do so?

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I know some that I think would. Ordering it and participating in it are two different things, some elders I know are "letter of the law" sorts, quoting KM's and Watchtowers for just about everything, if "Mother" approved the punishment, they would order it to be carried out ... but of course they as the judges would order others to carry it out.

http://www.apa.org/monitor/oct04/goodbad.aspx

of course parents and those closest to the individual would be required to cast the first stones, good way to keep others in line

*** w58 4/1 p. 218 pars. 29-30 Avoid Rebellious Tendencies ***
    29 When an individual refuses God's counsel or turns away from reproof, either from Jehovah's Word or from his organization, he rejects the counsel of Almighty God. "Turn back at my reproof. . . . but you keep refusing, . . . and you keep neglecting all my counsel, and my reproof you have not accepted."-Prov. 1:23-25.
    30 In the case of children, stubbornness is frequently shown by them. It is the responsibility of parents to guide the child properly in this regard so as to prevent this tendency to grow and become a part of the child's nature as he grows up. Such might very well cause him to receive of Jehovah's disfavor later in life, if proper discipline and guidance are not given when the tendency first becomes evident. When parents are unable to cope with the situation they may solicit the aid of a mature brother or members of the congregation service committee. Jehovah's Word is given on this matter at Deuteronomy 21:18-21: "In case a man should happen to have a son who is stubborn and rebellious, he not listening to the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and they have corrected him but he will not listen to them, then his father and his mother must take hold of him and bring him out to the older men of the city and to the gate of his place and they must say to the older men of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he is not listening to our voice, being a glutton and a drunkard.' Then all the men of his city must stone him with stones and he must die. So you must clear away what is bad from your midst, and all Israel will hear and indeed become afraid." Of a certainty, today the youthful servant of God may know that he will come into disfavor with his God, Jehovah, by pursuing the course of stubbornness and self-will. These qualities are manifest only in the world belonging to Satan; and for one of Jehovah's children, youthful or aged, to display these qualities and persist in them would lead to that one's being cut off from Jehovah's clean and pure organization.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Some might not have, but many would have, I think. An elder who can treat his DF'd child as invisible may as well have stoned him or her. Their hatred for anyone who is apostate is intense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit