Would Elders You Knew Have Ordered Stonings If They Could Have?

by Cold Steel 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fernando
    Fernando

Members of the Ruling Religious Clergy Class trained by the Watchtower regularly perform the spiritual equivalents of abduction, captivity, starvation, rape, torture, and murder.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

As I have mentioned in an unrelated thread I attended a congregation years ago where one of the elders was one of Hitler's elite guards during WW2. He was a Nazi through and through taking delight in overlording the people and going out of his way to create situations where he could throw his weight around. In my opinion his behaviour more than bordered on sexual. Too right he would have stoned people if given the chance and he would have done it with a gleam in his eye and a smile on his thin mouth. A war criminal who got away with it....

• maisha
    maisha

The Goal is death for any sinner that is unrepentant.

FULL STOP.

you may repent at any time if you see the light.

however

if yuo dont repent at the time of your life trial, you are a gonner....

so if stoning was allowed you are gone!.

just like the muslims do in iran check out utube of that girl getting stoned..

crazy world...

a god of love!

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Thought this would fit here just nicely.

About 20 years ago we learned first hand that an elder in my wife's previous congregation had his son who was DFd to BEAT UP his son in law who was not treating his daughter in law properly(can't remember this part exactly) Word of this got out and somehow got back to the CO and he came in and questioned those in the congregation including regular pioneers, story was denied by all and he gets off Scott free.

Now even his "mob enforcer" son is in good standing along with the "DON"

So yes I think this guy would certainly order stonings approved by god since he will order beatings when it is against god orders

NJY

• tec
    tec

Put enough hate and fear in people (especially in a mob mentality), toward someone they think is evil or dangerous or of the 'devil' (such as an apostate), then yeah, they're capable of stoning. Make it legal, and such things would be happening here just like they happen over in the middle east.

Enough fear and hate can lead people to do some pretty heinous things.

Sadly.

peace,

tammy

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

They sure would!

"Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower pp.703-704 Questions from Readers

Questions from Readers

• In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P.C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God's law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

zed

• sir82
    sir82

I'd say maybe 5-10% of the elders I have known would stone others, if the WTS told them to, despite its gruesome nature.

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Cold Steel,

The trouble with a "Theocracy" is that they all think that this is what they have got - they and nobody else. Once convinced of that, it is then just a short step to being able to justify such atrocities as stoning to death, burning at the stake and similar.

Bill.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

The JW have a very distorted view on life. They thrive with expectation of billions to be killed, just to be in paradise themselves. They like the stories about the Egyptians killed in the Red Sea or how Samson killed the Philistines and read them to their kids. They put a mass-murderer (David) as an example.

David only was charged with the murder of Uriah. He was not regarded as a “mass murderer” by the Lord as far as I know.

My own religion has some grisly prophecies about the future, but the prophecies have always been couched in an understanding that no matter how wicked a people are, when you see to what extent they are suffering, your hearts will go out to them. Says one: “For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand. And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds. And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men's hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.”

When that great tsunami hit in 2004, no one in my faith celebrated the loss of life or property. The same thing with the earthquakes and tsunamis in Japan, and with Hurricanes Andrew, Katrina, Sandy and others, though many have seen the stark increase in natural disasters as fulfillment of scripture. And we’re quick to send relief to such areas when possible.

The Muslim faith and the Jehovah’s Witnesses have always looked at the suffering of unbelievers with a certain amount of glee and self-righteousness. Muslims see the afterlife as being men being serviced by beautiful women while having a view of hellfire, so they can look down and see the suffering and pain of the infidels and give glory to God. And the Jehovah's Witnesses believe that cleaning up the bodies of the wicked will be one of the chores they’ll do before getting down to an eternity of picnics and family reunions. The Westminister Baptist Church and other whackos also look forward to death and destruction.

The trouble with a "Theocracy" is that they all think that this is what they have got - they and nobody else. Once convinced of that, it is then just a short step to being able to justify such atrocities as stoning to death, burning at the stake and similar.

I hope not, though hearing about the anger expressed by some authorities I wonder how much longer the Jehovah's Witnesses can last before people get tired of waiting. According to prophecy, so many things remain to happen that I believe it will be years before the return of Jesus. If we were living in the 25th Century, I would find it tough to remain a Christian. I believe by then we'll be well into the Millennium, but if we get there and Jesus hasn't come, I would have to rethink my eschatology! The JWs have lost so much credibility that they've got precious little left. But for the rest of Christianity, we've got quite a while to go before the scriptures become a dead letter.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I'm not sure what you state accurately describes Muslims or the Muslim faith, dear CS (peace to you!). Just as the JW faith doesn't include all christians. I realize that some Muslim zealots misuse the Quran to entice young men (and women) into wrongful military and even suicide service against perceived enemies... just as others use the Bible to the same end, but I don't think the Quran actually supports that (the Bible certainly doesn't, although many believe it does).

Can you share with us where you get your information and understanding of the Muslim faith, in general, as you have posted it above?

Thank you and, again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who thinks truth is important, even it if paints some who fundamentally don't agree with your own beliefs in a better light...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit