Would Elders You Knew Have Ordered Stonings If They Could Have?

by Cold Steel 81 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Oh, hell yes !

Sure recipe for abuse

Uneducated

Unqualified

Unaccredited

Unfulfilled

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I don't know guys. People talk alot of crap, but I think one out of a thousand would actually stone someone. Come on.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Naaahhhhhh..... As shitty as many of these men are, I think maybe once and done. Do you realize how gruesome it is?

The elders like to talk a big game but I doubt many would do this.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Basic human decency comes into play...... I agree with problemaddict.... COME ON!!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

dazed but not confused and problemaddict, I can't tell if you two are being sarcastic or not, but you should never underestimate what people will do if they think God told them to do it. (See dbnf's pics above as evidence of that).

On the other hand, verbal and mental abuse is so much better than murder because you get to keep your victim(s) around for further tormenting.

Abuser like nothing better than a good, working co-dependent relationship. They need a good, steady Narcissistic supply just as surely as any herion junkie needs their fix!

00DAD

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I didn't realize I came off as sarcastic. It wasn't my intention. I just don't think JWs would stick around if "god" told them to do it. Maybe a very small percentage would do this but surly not the majority. Not this religion anyway...the way its set up.

• blondie
    blondie

I can't find the quote, perhaps it was a statement from the stage.

But it was said within the WTS confines that one should not talk to a disfellowshipped person because if they had lived in OT times they would be dead, disfellowshipping = execution; you can't talk to a dead person.

I knew I did not want to live in that "paradise" where still imperfect men could decide whether I lived or died.

• Jewel
    Jewel

Yes. "All I said to my wife was, 'That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah...'"

I'll take two pointy rocks, a flat one, and a bag of gravel.

• perfect1
    perfect1

they will do anything they are told. Nascent nazis.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The WT has said that the only reason they don't kill non-believers is because of the laws of the land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit