elders wife swapping question

by unstopableravens 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Hadriel
    Hadriel
    I know personally of special committees for handling these cases. I will say this the stories are big fish stories in that at least what I know of them, they were never whole congs. More like 2 to 3 couples. Usually involved alcohol, usually pretty young and usually not that seedy or contrived. What I mean is it was usually good ol' fashioned being amorous.
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    It was rampant 6 years ago in congregations on the west coast. Several elders in one congregation less than a year apart divorced and remarried. To non-JWs. A handful of others did the swapping game within their immediate or nearby congos, but then reconciled with slaps on the wrist only. It is why I am a firm believer that everyone should have at least 5 serious sexual relationships before committing to marriage. Yes sex really is just that important.
  • cognac
    cognac

I could totally see this happening...

My problem is, I was born like a 1960's flower child but in a strict, religious family...

I'm forever f*cked up....

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Alcohol and innuendo are all that are needed to probe possibilities ....
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The reasons for this being highly improbable is that there 4 people who anyone could feel remorse and contact another elder out of guilt. All of these participants would know and realize that someone involved could tell the story out of guilt.

If it did happen, it was most likely in the 60's or 70's during the sexual revolution.

I heard this story myself in the mid 70's.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

In the closest metropolitan area near here, in the past 10-15 years there have been two incidents where groups of 10-12 JWs were DFd for their "partys". Special Needs talks were given at the Cir Assms. Parties with over drinking, and drug use and "body shots" and adultery and homosexuality -- (according to my kids who heard the gossip that was girl/girl fun, which they don't think seems all that bad so they blame the DFing on the attitude of those old fuddy duddy elders. Yes, at the homes of affluent, (with pools & hot tubs) born-in younger JWs from the more affluent Congs.

We always heard about these things second-hand (Spec Needs Talks and somehow the kids always hear the scoop on what's going on). We wondered why we were never invited.

Doc

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

There was also over embellished stories that came about as well.

We all know how much JWS like to gossip.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i was interested in a bit of wife swapping.

one guy offered me his wheel barrow.

but--the wheel had fallen off.

however--i was still willing to make the deal--but then he saw my wife--and changed his mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit