List of UK Travelling Overseers in 2013

by soiledumpling 130 Replies latest social current

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I wouldn't be surprised if John Carruthers ends up as a GB member. Very charismatic and an elder at 23 but a complete and utter a**hole!

• BroMac
    BroMac

John Caruthers is currently serving one of the Lancashire Circuits

Tony Cain he had a breakdown / circuit burnout a few years ago. never liked him but heard of some good things he said in elders meetings. pre breakdown, no idea what he is like now

• cantleave
    cantleave

Very charismatic and an elder at 23 but a complete and utter a**hole!

Yep a cult leader in the making! I always got on well with him, but I knew he could be very judgemental.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Tony Cain had a breakdown already? He's not even that old. Still a quack. Why does circuit work and medical quackery go hand in hand?

• BroMac
    BroMac

Slimboyfat.

Im going back maybe 9yrs. He did 1 or 2 yrs of full circuit work and bang. must have been the candida

• 88JM
    88JM

I didn't know about Tony's breakdown. It does explain a lot though. Our circuit never really got on with him. Even before he came we heard about his reputation as someone who went around dissolving congregations - a.k.a. "Hurri-Cain Tony".

He had the reputation of only befriending certain elders who towed the line and brow-nosed him ("Tony's Cronies") and if you weren't one of those, then you got picked on.

He seemed to take the bizzare position of making more demands and "suggestions" than anyone could ever handle, in the hope that you would at least follow through on some of them and some good would come out of it in the end.

I don't think he seriously intended you to meet all his demands - if he did, then he had no grasp of what people can handle. It put a lot of pressure on everyone, especially those who took his demands seriously. It did not make for a good atmosphere, to say the least. One elder confessed to me it felt like: "every elders' meeting they had been hit over the head."

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Keith Gayden aka Robocop on account of his gestures and head movement. He always banged on about how bad "balance" was - that is was used as an excuse for not doing what we should. Certainly shook the tree and wasn't as boring as some.

Anton Irons - gestapo - asking judgemental questions of those he wanted to categorise into those boxes that would require elders to hound out of the truth. Anti-education. Fussy which family he stayed with during his visits. Loved himself.

Roy Renouf & Peter Nicholls proper old school. Didn't know they were still doing the job - certainly earned their retirement.

soileddumpling, belated welcome!

mmxiv

• Room 215
    Room 215

Wasted lives, all

• St George of England
    St George of England

David Rastall is now retired to Rochester (Kent) I believe.

One of his sons is in the Bethel and works on the 'charity' that steals administers Kingdom Hall deeds.

George

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

David Rastell and John Stanbridge retired.... Good. Rastell was ok at times but ultimately a comany man. Stanbridge never should have been on the circuit.

What about Colin Conradie and Richard Cullen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit