List of UK Travelling Overseers in 2013

by soiledumpling 130 Replies latest social current

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the ones I remember as a kid 40 years ago would have been

Phillip North

Rob Schoefield

Danny Owens

Dennis Ashby (removed , apostate tendencies)

Alan Stokes, surely dead now although was on the 2006 list, the other 4 must be dead by now or in their 90's!

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Bumping for newbies.

Is John Stanbridge still on the Circuit work? Not the cheeriest of souls.

Our last two were Phillip Rose (ghastly) and then Henry Devaston (always ill - thankfully).

And is Jim Cleary (mixture of good and awful) still a CO?

Last I heard he was off, and a Google of his name with Jehovahs Witness bring up a mention of him at the bottom of the article:

http://www.thisishartlepool.co.uk/history/history-of-lamb-s-jeweller.asp

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Stanbridge=Good chap, quiet and reserved but cared IMO

Cleary=Total asshole who cut you dead unless you were a kiss ass. Heard his mrs left him?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

John Stanbridge _ I always liked him. He had a dry sense of humour that he sometimes put into talks if you cought his train of thought.. I don't think he is travelling. I recall being at a Circuit Ass. where he was introduced as a cong elder from somewhere....

• St George of England
    St George of England

Philip Rose has been off the CO work for over a year now. He works on the School for Married Couples or whatever it is called. Based in Ireland I believe.

His stand in is William Huere who was in the French Bethel then transfered to the London Bethel before being sent out on CO work. Quite a pleasant guy but doesn't speak the best English so you have to listen carefully if you should want to hear what he is saying. His wife whose name I cannot remember is not a bad looker, ex missionary.

George

Edit:- Has anybody mentioned Ron & Jenny Bicknell?

• bigmac
    bigmac

another guy i knew well--pre 75--was

michael ganderton--on the isle of wight.

i heard he was a CO in devon/cornwall at one stage. but he must be retired now.

actually--do CO's retire at 65--or plod on till they drop ?

• Splash
    Splash

According to the latest info, CO's "retire" at 70, even if it means cutting a three year visit in half.

Splash

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

St George, I dont believe Ron Bicknell is a CO anymore, long story short , he was the Chairman on my appeal JC.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Yep Splash, they are kicked to the curb at 70 in mid sentence. No home no pension, straight to the soup queue.

• bigmac
    bigmac

so--in the UK--does the WTS pay the national insurance contributions for these CO's & DO's--so they get the state pension--or do they fall back on pension credit ( guarantee )--which is non-contributions based--but is means tested ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit