New video: Jehovah's Witnesses and Watchtower's secret child abuse letter

by cedars 74 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• under the radar
    under the radar

Well done, Cedars! That was an excellent video with a very compelling message. I agree with everyone else who thinks the Society shot itself in the foot with its heavy-handed tactics, especially since they did it on false pretenses. No one really believes it had anything to do with copyright issues.

For what it's worth, I hope the Society doesn't call someone in Hollywood with the rights to The Bourne Identity background music and try to get them to have the video pulled on that ground. I love the Bourne series and think the theme was perfect for this video. Good job!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think Chaserious is picking up ont he fact that the video is clearly PERSONAL.

As well it should be. So the question is, how do we get this type of information to the proper media outlets? The dateline seemed to barely make a bump and is well forgotten. How do we show them doubling down on the policies that have failed?

• eyesropen323
    eyesropen323

Bravo Cedars!! This subject has effected my family. You have my support!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I wonder if this video could be used as evidence at the enquirey of Child Abuse by Organizations presently being conducted in Australia .The policy of Jehovah`s Witnesses in treating allegations of child sex abuse is not confined to any one nation , but is applicable in every nation they operate in .

Maybe it could be passed on to someone like Steven Unthank who has experience in submitting similar allegations/charges against the WTB&TS so that someone from the state of Victoria an australian resident may have a better impact.........just saying

smiddy

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone!

Under the radar

For what it's worth, I hope the Society doesn't call someone in Hollywood with the rights to The Bourne Identity background music and try to get them to have the video pulled on that ground. I love the Bourne series and think the theme was perfect for this video. Good job!

I gave that careful thought before using the music, but I doubt the makers of the Bourne trilogy are even half as litigous as the Watch Tower Society. I'm also betting the Society will be too ashamed to contact them over this and thus draw even MORE attention to a letter they are trying like crazy to pretend doesn't exist.

problemaddict

So the question is, how do we get this type of information to the proper media outlets? The dateline seemed to barely make a bump and is well forgotten. How do we show them doubling down on the policies that have failed?

Hopefully the YouTube video itself will be a vehicle for getting this under the nose of a journalist or two. We have emails to back up what is said in the video, so any reporter who starts sniffing around the story will have ample evidence to use in any article or news item.

Cedars

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Cedars,

Even if they do bring up the background music as an issue, you can just rework the soundtrack and make it even better and get some of the rumble out.

Nice way to start the new year. The Watchtower may have given us the best Xmas present ever.

JV

• cedars
    cedars

Juan, precisely - it will be more work, but most of the work with the video images has been done already, so re-doing the sound will be relatively straightforward.

The "rumble" might be harder to fix because that came with the VO recordings. But again, I'm sure we would figure something out and come bouncing back. And like I said, I highly doubt the makers of the Bourne series will be bothered about this. If anything, they will probably view this from a PR perspective and appreciate the fact that hundreds of people might go and buy Bourne films as a result of watching this video.

The Watchtower's attempts to silence our efforts are increasingly resembling a hilarious game of "whack a mole!"

Cedars

• wasblind
    wasblind

I gave that careful thought before using the music, but I doubt the makers of the Bourne trilogy are even half as litigous as the Watch Tower Society.___________Cedars

The WTS need to put in practice what they preach, and wait on Jehovah to fix things

this religion is truly weak in the faith

• nugget
    nugget

happy to rework the voiceover to get rid of some of the echo which may have been due to the siting of the microphone. There is nothing that is not fixable.

• cedars
    cedars

nugget

happy to rework the voiceover to get rid of some of the echo which may have been due to the siting of the microphone. There is nothing that is not fixable.

Don't worry nugget, the recording may not be crystal clear but it gets the message across, which is the most important thing. Everyone can understand clearly what is being said. You both did an excellent job.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit