Yesterday Grandpa died a faithful JW.... or was he.

by cyberjesus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

You were 'lucky' (hee-hee) to have such a love and bond for your grandfather. "We are more remembered by how we made people feel," versus their belief/religious system. The WTS wants to only talk of the deceased about their belief according to the WT. But we know that is empty.

I hope your father improves in his attitude toward you later.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Two years ago after his first stroke, The doctor said he couldnt eat (long list of things)

So when he came home. Everybody was starting to nag GP what he could or not eat and they were literally deciding for him what to eat. He was fully capable of taking decisions. He just had a hard attack but he was strong. he had raised 10 children.

Somehow everybody was overpowering and deciding what he should eat or not... even my father. I understand they also loved him and they wanted him to live longer... but whose decision is it? and I couldnt take it.

So I asked my Father, Dad when you are in the same situation what would you like me to do? respect your wishes and let you eat what you want and enjoy the rest of your life with the things you want or decide for you? Even if you want to eat what you want?

Who decides for what do you with your life?

I wanted him to live long... but I fought for his right to decide for himself.

cheers,

• DNCall
    DNCall

Really nice tribute, CJ, and well handled.

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

So sorry for your loss. You sound like a very loving grandson.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Thanks... See i like to poke, not because i dont like you... But because i want you to think.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Jesus, sorry for your loss, but happy you got to have him for as long as you did, and that you were able to be there for him during his illnesses.

Ah, the JW funeral. **sigh**. They say what they are programmed to say, and it's usually rather thoughtless. Remember they are grieving also. You are a good son and grandson. Your words were in his head and he knew you were his advocate.

RIP Abuelo de Jesus.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I am going this wednesday... the ackward moment wil be with ubber JW dad.... he is the boss of the JW clan...

Dad was my hero, until I discovered he was a JW coward. Grand pa was ignorant... I think he continued talking to me because he was not able to read the new stuff abot Dfd people.

the irony here is this: everybody is saying they are gonna see him again in paradise... but he continued talking to me.... duh. so if you talk to me then you might go to paradise too.

anyway.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Dear Jesus,

Death is sad but you seem to have the right outlook. Your Grandpa...95 years old, leaves 40 Grandchildren, and his oldest Grandson, you, talk about his heart of gold and what a loving, kind and good man he was. I am glad you had such a great Grandpa. I think you are very fortunate to have had him, and him, you.

Just Lois

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry for your loss. But thanks for sharing your tribute to GP. Your view of your family is interesting.

As far as GP being remembered as a faithful JW upon his death, I worry a little that my sudden death would cause my wife to allow JW'S to take over.

• smiddy
    smiddy

You loved your grandpa , he loved you ,nothing else/no one else ,matters , sorry for your loss.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit