Yesterday Grandpa died a faithful JW.... or was he.

by cyberjesus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I'm so sorry for your loss...

• cult classic
    cult classic

"I always told him, 'Grandpa, in case I won't see you again it was a pleasure meeting you.'" / "He reminded me constantly that once he looked like me...and that at some point I will look like him."

Such beautiful words. I love and miss my grandmother more with each passing year.

Here's a rose for you.

• howdy
    howdy

Hi there Cyber, Sounds like you loved your Grampa and knew him well having some real nice memories which I'm sure will comfort you some even though you miss him. I've been a witness for a long time now and I still don't know what to say right after the loss of a loved one. AND, your right, I've been in situations like you described where we (JW's) show up as if we have all the right answers and know exactly what to say cause we have the "truth"??? But the fact is, if we really knew the truth and understood what it's like to experience loss like that...then the best thing we can do is to shut up and listen and let the person who is grieving say what they need to say to work through the grief. Sorry for your loss and take comfort in your memories.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Thanks for all your comments guys. They are deeply appreciated.

The situation was interesting. They dont realize that shunning is a form a emotional abuse. I am sure i was the talk of their town... I was giving away hand shakes and hughs left and right. Showing pictures of granpa.

Many taughth i was still in.. But ther dissonance was showing on their faces.

Finnally today my dad call.. He identified himself as "Jesus your Father" and he called to tell me when the funeral was going to be... Funny thing is that im the one who set that up.

i posted some pics on facebook and some of my relatives who never talk to me started posting "thanking jehovah the almighty" for all his provisions and that we are gonna see him soon.

I used to be fearful of death.... Until i understood that thanks to death there is more life.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Dear Jesus,

How was your GrandFather's funeral?

Are you OK?

Just Lois

• flipper
    flipper

JESUS- My wife and I send our deepest sympathies to you friend. I hope things went semi-smoothly at your grandfather's funeral today. Please know our thoughts are with you. Looking forward to hearing how the funeral went and your experience with your father. I have one of those uber JW father's as well so I empathize. Hang in bud. Love & hugs, Sincerely , Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Im so sorry for your loss Jesus. Im glad you told your Grampa over and over again how much you cared for him and what he meant to you, and you will have those moments and conversations to look back on and keep close to your heart.

Those fervent JW who cared for him wont get a chance to tell him in Paradise what he meant to them........you already did.

Sending you my deepest sympathy Hoping the funeral went as well as it possibly could for you x

Paula x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit