Yesterday Grandpa died a faithful JW.... or was he.

by cyberjesus 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thinking of you Cyber, especially at the JW funeral on Wednesday. Had to go to one for my mother.

You can look back and be happy you let your grandfather eat what he wanted, why shouldn't he have at 93! Take care.

• l p
    l p

Im sorry for your loss. Condolences

May he RIP

lp xOx

• cantleave
    cantleave

Thanks for sharing CJ. I send my heartfelt condolences for your loss.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Sorry for your loss CJ. Sounds like he was a pretty cool guy to have for a grandfather. Nice tribute to him.

Good luck with the JW funeral.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

sorry to hear this man in your life has gone, pleased that out of all the family, it was you that probably knew him best.

It is ironic is it not that at funerals and especially obituary's that every single person just happens to be a 'loved so and so of so and so, a devoted wife/husband etc etc''

never "she was a crazy bitch who made our lives hell thank god she's gone''

And so like human nature, all the dubs will praise your grandpa as a real good faithful jw they WILL see again, not as a the drinking cussing lady killer you knew.

Oz

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sorry for your loss Cy

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Sorry for your loss CJ. You seem to have a good attitude towards the cycle of life.

Good Luck at the funeral on Wednesday.

I remember my mom's funeral. I was there, as were my siblings. I'm the only one of the family that escaped. The rest are all still JWs. I overheard my older sister telling a fellow JW, "Well, we all thought the 'new system' would've been here by now..."

At one of my sister's funerals, a woman and her husband that I knew - long ago - came up, and she burst into tears. I gave her a hug... she needed it.

People all respond differently at funerals. Be there to support them the best way that you can, but most importantly to support the memory of your grandfather. (Pop a top, in his memory...)

Regards,

Jim TX

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

cyberjesus:

I am sorry for your loss but am glad your granddad made it to a ripe old age. After reading ex-JWs posts about how abnormally their JW blood relatives treat them at a family funerals, I'll take my so-called worldly relatives anyday.

I am sure you'll do well at his funeral and don't let JW "shunners" get you down. Their behavior is just plain wrong at an occasion such as this.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

it is soo sad to lose a loved one.

Whatever your beliefs, death is natural. Nothing to fear.

Rest

Oblivion

Nirvana

maybe there will be a pleasant surprise.

Fear not the words of priests and shamans

You did GOOD Cyber

HB

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Sorry about your family CJ. Good that you always told him you loved him. I think about my kids, and their eventual kids, and how I will be remmebered. I hope it is with the same fondness.

Yeah you don't want to pile it on to grieving people. You are taking the high road, and that is the right road to take.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit